Talecris

www.talecris.com
  www.talecris.com
There are newer employer reviews for Talecris

worked like a mule, center understaffed, no time to crosstrain or advance

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Talecris

Pros

experience, and flexibility with schedule

Cons

center staff is viewed as bottom dollar, work them harder and harder is the motto. was there 2.5 years and couldn't get cross trained because the center was always understaffed and trying to get as many donors though in as little amount of time that they could.

you center staff work darn hard and you need to recognize their efforts, stop looking at bottom dollars costs and give them opportunities

54 Other Employee Reviews for Talecris (View Most Recent)

Working for Talecris has taught me a lot about plasma that I never knew about from being a donor.

Current Employee - Donor Processor/Phlebotomist in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Donor Processor/Phlebotomist in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Talecris

Pros

Excellent location, it's 1 mile from my home. I've never made a better hourly rate like this from previous jobs. The donors are like family at times, and since I started off as a donor back in March 2006 and converted to an employee in September 2006, there has been a lot to experience and learn from this company that can take me anywhere I want to go in the med field. Thanks for believing in me TPR.

Cons

The current management that is at BRLA isn't quite as friendly as the management team that worked there when I was hired. The center manager talks to us as if we're animals, barking orders, not even speaking in the morning when you speak to her. Of course she blames it from being in the military for so long. I wish there was no such thing as HPD(Hours Per Donor), it puts such a damper on our paychecks around tax season. We all understand that the company wants to make more money than pay us more around this time, but it just makes it not working from January - May.

Be nicer to your employees, we have feelings too and at times you act as if you don't care. But please be aware that Karma does exist.

my experience at talecris is very challenging

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Lake Charles, LA
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Lake Charles, LA

I have been working at Talecris

Pros

the company has a great room for advancement they offer good benefits they allow you to travel to other cities t o work at another talecris

Cons

they need tp pay more cause of the type of business that running its a highly risk job and u have to be careful of what u do and how u do it

managment needs to show more appreciations to their employees management needs to monitor more of what goes on in the center

There are newer employer reviews for Talecris