Talecris
www.talecris.com Research Triangle Park, NC 1000 to 5000 Employees

Felt like an outsider because everybody who worked there went to High School together.

Production Supervisor (Current Employee)
Clayton, NC

ProsIf you are in with the good ole boy network then you will have a wonderful experience. If not, your experience will be horrible. Not a good place for a Northerner or an outsider to work.

ConsIt is a managers place to work from a standpoint of HR. Company's HR policy is heavy favored for the manager and not the employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the good ole boy network and get some talent in there. Make clayton a melting pot. The un-welcoming of outsiders will catch up eventually.

worked like a mule, center understaffed, no time to crosstrain or advance

Phlebotomist (Current Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Talecris

Pros: experience, and flexibility with schedule Cons: center staff is viewed as bottom dollar, work them harder and harder is the motto. was there 2.5 years and couldn't get cross… Advice to Senior Management: you center staff work darn hard and you need to recognize… More

Working for Talecris has taught me a lot about plasma that I never knew about from being a donor.

Donor Processor/Phlebotomist (Current Employee)
    Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Talecris

Pros: Excellent location, it's 1 mile from my home. I've never made a better hourly rate like this from previous jobs. The donors are… Cons: The current management that is at BRLA isn't quite as friendly as the management team that worked there when I was hired. The center… Advice to Senior Management: Be nicer to your employees, we have feelings too and at times you act… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Talecris.

Worked for Talecris? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Talecris reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Talecris CEO Lawrence Stern. All reviews posted anonymously by Talecris employees.