There are newer employer reviews for Taleo

Very engaging company

Current Employee - Product Manager in Dublin, CA
Current Employee - Product Manager in Dublin, CA

I have been working at Taleo

Pros

- Taleo has an Impressive customer base. They are great to work with
- Cutting edge technology. Fast Growth. Good model.
- There are plenty of opportunities for learning and professional growth. You have to go after them though. They are not just going to fall on your lap.
- Mostly great people. Makes my job so much more interesting to have driven, competent people around me that are driving towards the same goals.
- Solid Challenge. Interesting projects. Forces you to continuously extend your comfort zone.
- Very aggressive/driven senior management team. Conducive to winning

Cons

- Work/life balance can be a little difficult sometimes.
- Sometimes overly difficult deadlines

Keep up the good work.

reviews filtered by

If you have talent, bring it elsewhere.

Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Taleo

Pros

Up and coming at the time... it was exciting to be in at the ground floor (this was just prior to them going Public). I also enjoyed visiting the Home Office in Quebec City, Canada. These are sincerely the only two good memories I have of my experience working for Taleo.

Cons

The management team is miserable. I've never been affiliated with such a bombastic group. Going through training as a new hire is like going to Boot Camp. Similarly, the Managers are like Drill Sargeants. From a complete lack of recognition, to unfair criticism - the management team (which has since turned over several times) never realized that there are better places to work.

Pay close attention to what can be learned from Exit Interviews.

May learn a thing or two, but be prepared for long hours, impossible deadlines and unappreciative management.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, CA

I worked at Taleo

Pros

If you live in Alameda County and want to work for a company that is publicly traded and is in a growth market (HRIS) and probably won't run into any serious financial troubles in the near future. Also you may learn a lot of good software development practices and procedures. Benefits are standard and they have an ESPP program.

Cons

Long hours and long commute if you don't live near Dublin. Long as in weekends and working through the night. A typical work week is 60-80 hrs.

The company is split into teams that support the enterprise product and those that support the product geared for the midsize market. The enterprise team tends to go through long (~6 months) development cycles whereas the SMB team tends to have short release cycles. Release cycles tend to be every 6 weeks.

If you miss deadlines, you get berated. If you work 'till wee hours in the morning for an entire month, you won't get any recognition for your hard work...not even a "Thanks for the hard work.". Just a here's the next project.

Conduct 360 performance reviews. Anonymous reviews of employees for their managers would be beneficial.

There are newer employer reviews for Taleo