There are newer employer reviews for Taleo

Great people who work hard....

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Dublin, CA
Current Employee - Consultant in Dublin, CA

I have been working at Taleo

Pros

Great people, good compensation. Some teams are closer than others but overall everyone is happy to work here. The company grew very methodically so there is no immediate danger of layoffs and job loss.

Cons

Be prepared to work long hours. Everyone is very smart so you are working along with people who are used to working very hard and smart. There is a lot of pressure to succeed and new hires know very quickly if they are not going to fit in. Others who like the environment stay long term.

The company seems top heavy and still hiring senior management and adding more management levels. Communicate more and listen to your teams.

70 Other Employee Reviews for Taleo (View Most Recent)

Very engaging company

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  Dublin, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Dublin, CA

I have been working at Taleo

Pros

- Taleo has an Impressive customer base. They are great to work with
    - Cutting edge technology. Fast Growth. Good model.
    - There are plenty of opportunities for learning and professional growth. You have to go after them though. They are not just going to fall on your lap.
    - Mostly great people. Makes my job so much more interesting to have driven, competent people around me that are driving towards the same goals.
    - Solid Challenge. Interesting projects. Forces you to continuously extend your comfort zone.
    - Very aggressive/driven senior management team. Conducive to winning

Cons

- Work/life balance can be a little difficult sometimes.
    - Sometimes overly difficult deadlines

Keep up the good work.

If you have talent, bring it elsewhere.

Former Employee - Solutions Consultant  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Solutions Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Taleo

Pros

Up and coming at the time... it was exciting to be in at the ground floor (this was just prior to them going Public). I also enjoyed visiting the Home Office in Quebec City, Canada. These are sincerely the only two good memories I have of my experience working for Taleo.

Cons

The management team is miserable. I've never been affiliated with such a bombastic group. Going through training as a new hire is like going to Boot Camp. Similarly, the Managers are like Drill Sargeants. From a complete lack of recognition, to unfair criticism - the management team (which has since turned over several times) never realized that there are better places to work.

Pay close attention to what can be learned from Exit Interviews.

There are newer employer reviews for Taleo

Worked for Taleo? Contribute to the Community!