Very satisfying experience

Current Employee - Manager in Farmingdale, NY
Current Employee - Manager in Farmingdale, NY

I have been working at Talon Air full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very friendly and proactive upper management; down to earth and likable, even while catering to the highest-end clientele. The work environment is very employee-friendly, the only exception is when cigars are being smoked inside the building; it's uncomfortable for some, especially those with allergy issues.

Cons

Small family owned business, ownership sometimes has preconceived ideas about certain things that may not be feasible - it still comes across as demanded even though it's not feasible or sometimes even possible.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, it's exciting to see Talon growing and progressing as much as it is.

Other Employee Reviews for Talon Air

Talon will never be more than it is today.

Current Employee - Flight Operations
    Current Employee - Flight Operations

I have been working at Talon Air full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company runs a beautiful facility with fairly new aircraft. But beyond the glits and glamor its core is rotten.

Cons

The company hires many great individuals but fails to invest promote and recognize employee achievements. It offers very little room for advancement and will usually seek those from outside as part of a cost savings structure. You will end you career most likely at the same pay and in the same position you started with. Opinions of those with years of experience are not heard and the company is destiny for failure long term if unchanged. Once a new hire become competent well trained they usually become frustrated and leave for other opportunities, causing a rest and back to sqare one cycle. Thus never growing to it full potential. Employment should only be sought as a last resort because you will not grow or better yourself at this company. Staffing ratios are below par and you will find yourself doing the work load of two individuals

Advice to Management

The employees of you company are part of a three sided triangle all three need to be equal for success. Customers, Employees and Investors. To care about one more over the other will cause a catalyst that can not be undone. Pay you employees what the are worth and respect them as much as you do a customer or investor.

Made my life miserable

Former Employee - Marketing in Farmingdale, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing in Farmingdale, NY

I worked at Talon Air full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None that I can think of. Seriously. Oh, they had good insurance.

Cons

Paid next to nothing, paid late, my job and life were threatened multiple times. They took me to court when I quit.

Advice to Management

hire new management