There are newer employer reviews for Tangent

Terrible place to work or contract for

Former Employee - Project Manager in Wixom, MI
Former Employee - Project Manager in Wixom, MI

I worked at Tangent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

there is nothing good to say about this company

Cons

Stay away from any type of employment for or thru this company

Advice to Management

what management they are not accountable

reviews filtered by
  1. My experience at Tangent has been very positive - good team, excellent management!

Current Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in Washington, DC

I have been working at Tangent

Pros

I believe you are able to achieve unlimited success in an environment that promotes professional growth, communications, relevant training, management support and cross mentoring with a talented cohesive team.

Cons

The nature of our work involes the uncertainity of human nature which can impact the day to day results occasionally.

Advice to Management

The management is supportive to an individual's professional growth and success as well as the team's success and this combination makes the experience rewarding.

2. Great organization, disappointing leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Tangent

Pros

This is a great, fast-paced, sales and production driven company. The business caters to the highest level of clients in the Washington, DC area and will go to any lengths to satisfy the customer. The staff is small and the benefits are not bad for a small-sized company.

Cons

Company owns you, no room for individualism, harsh abrasive leadership style, tends towards cliques. This company caters to top producers. Any employee who fails to stand out by making consistent and high-paying placements will soon be on the way out. Also, owner expects newcomer employees to be on board with her line of thinking, otherwise there can be no inclusion into the "family."

Advice to Management

There is no I in Team. Consider moving from the clique-approach to a more team approach. Recognize that hard-core sales approach is not always effective as a motivator.