Tango Transport

There are newer employer reviews for Tango Transport

truck driver

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Lafayette, LA
Former Employee - Truck Driver in Lafayette, LA

I worked at Tango Transport full-time (more than a year)

Pros

excellent equipment and terminals, good insurance,and benefits, nice people

Cons

shorter miles on each trip

pay more cents per mile for experience

9 Other Employee Reviews for Tango Transport (View Most Recent)

Tango OTR company driver

Former Employee - Company Otr Driver in Shreveport, LA
    Former Employee - Company Otr Driver in Shreveport, LA

I worked at Tango Transport full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Terminals are nice. Free coffee. Vehicle available (for one hour) to go to truck stop area in Shreveport to eat a meal. Free wifi at terminal. Computer terminal for drivers at terminal. There is another terminal in W. Memphis. I only know they have free coffee there too.

Cons

Short lanes, lots of paper runs, Two lane 55 mph farm roads through little towns (35, 25 mph) and local sheriffs looking to get in your wallet. More live load/unload than drop/hook. They pay layover after two hours on appointments. The paper mills are FCFS, so no appointments so you may be awhile waiting to unload/load.
    I was hired as OTR driver and had only a handful of OTR runs (mostly interstate) in three months I was there. The good loads are coming soon, that was my excuse.
    I had to fight, beg, remind, prod to get my tolls reimbursed, lay over, other expenses reimbursed over weeks long periods.
    The final straw was the weekend runs. I seemed to always get a 500 mile weekend run, leaving me in a truckstop all day sunday. Not earning or getting layover pay. If I get a load over 500 miles or get a load home for the weekend, no layover pay. I did not get a load for a two day run over a weekend. I sat in the truck stop on too many weekends.
    I would get 540 mile brokered loads for weekends. I tell the DM I want more miles. They say that was the only load available.
    NO, that was the load I was given. There are other loads but I get this 540 mile load, over multiple weekends. Someone at corporate called a broker, negotiated for this short run, agreed to the terms and then sent it to me. I would have hours and inclination to run a weekend. That is not a factor. Me making money is not important.
    Trying to resolve the issue, I got the "tango treatment" or tango tag team treatment". Where they blow up your phone or Qualcomm promising resolution in the future or the money next check. But only disappointment met me the next week.
    They have Driver Services advocates that I can call to help resolve issues...(RAT out your Driver Manager) if I feel an issue is not getting resolved. That is not a good way to maintain a beneficial relationship with my main point of contact (DM) with the company,
    Perhaps it is the quality of the driver managers.
    As a driver, I was a second class Tango employee. The corporate Tango, in the palace on Financial Plaza, are the important ones.

Keep that recruitment line open. Remind the Driver Managers the drivers are important too. Don't hire drivers that want OTR and put them on multiple regional runs, especially over the weekend.

Uneven distribution of miles to driversn

I have been working at Tango Transport

Pros

Home time nice people good ins benefits.

Cons

Low mileage 2000 7days 2week out 2day off
    they too have their special runners. 2000 5 days weekend off
    They just started lease not good for company drivers.
    shop hours are covenant
    for mechanics not drivers. They slow do not fix properly.

Stand behind what u say in mileage.
    loads r not evenly distributed.
    pay is based per mile all tires turn benifits company and driver

There are newer employer reviews for Tango Transport