Taos
www.taos.com San Jose, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Great technical people, interesting contracts and companies

Consultant (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA

I worked at Taos as a contractor for more than a year

ProsThe people at Taos are really top-notch. The technical teams are hand-picked and made up of extremely competent people with lots of diverse experience. I've built some great friendships and really enjoy the teammates I've worked with on projects.

The placements I've had with them have literally been some of the best jobs of my career, even if not the longest lasting, due to the contract nature of them.

Also, as you build a relationship with them, you can go away, do something else, and then rejoin again in the future, retaining your previous time with regard to vacation accrual, etc. Full benefits via Taos, so you don't need to find your own health insurance coverage, etc. And the HR benefits are well-crafted by a company with more than 20 years of experience, and used to the special situations of short-term, contract-based "high tech migrant workers".

ConsCan be a bit unorganized, since they deal with so many people working "in the field" and out at customer sites. They try to be available for you, and are quite responsive to your needs, but since you are working in remote environments, and not necessarily in close contact with the home office, you sometimes need to stay on top of issues and drive things, so that you don't fall through the cracks.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on internal communications a bit more. Sometimes seems like "the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing." For the most part, things are solid & very good, but sometimes, you can get crossed signals (or no signals) from the home office, and suddenly feel like you're a bit on your own out there...

Good Place if You Want to Work Part-Time

Service Desk Technician (Former Employee)
Boise, ID

I worked at Taos part-time for more than a year

Pros: Good brand new equipment, food in vending machines is free. Most people are very friendly and helpful. Human resources is really on-top of things and… Cons: It depends on your position in the company. Some people have absolutely nothing to complain about. As a service desk agent, there is the usual… Advice to Senior Management: Hire more people, the place is swamped all the time, and don't be so nit picky about things that do not really matter. If the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good company, good clients

Boise, ID

I have been working at Taos full-time for more than a year

Pros: Variety of work to perform, generally staff is talented and good at what they do Smooth onboarding… Cons: sometimes expectation of client needs and what can reasonably be… Advice to Senior Management: improve communication from upper management to those in the trenches Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Taos.

Worked for Taos? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Taos reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Taos CEO Ric Urrutia. All reviews posted anonymously by Taos employees.