Tapjoy

www.tapjoy.com
There are newer employer reviews for Tapjoy

The grass isn't necessarily greener on the other side

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Tapjoy full-time

Pros

When I look at the reviews, I have a difficult time understanding some of the complaints. Pretty petty. As far as start-ups go, you will be hard pressed to find better work-life balance than this place. Engineers arrive between 9:30AM-11:00AM, and unless we're drinking/playing beer pong, we're out of the office between 5:00PM-5:30PM. At my last start-up, developers (routinely) worked 80+ hours weeks. As a collective, we have it pretty easy.

Cons

It's not perfect. With a new VP of Engineering on board, things have improved.

Is it too much to ask for a pool table? :-)

30 Other Employee Reviews for Tapjoy (View Most Recent)

Terrible organizational hierarchy will lead to their business going bust....

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Santa Barbara, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at Tapjoy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Hook up free tech gear!!!

Cons

Horrible organizational communication and lack of oversight and accountability for middle-managers....

Look out for competition... Know who your direct competitors are, here's a clue: it's not Millennial Media or Demand Media lol

Found My Dream Job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Tapjoy full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone who asks, "How's work?" I tell them that Tapjoy is my dream job. It allows me to be as creative as I want in an environment where I make a difference. We are in a unique situation where what we do on a daily basis directly affects the company's future. And I'm doing it with other fun and dedicated people, who continuously get credited for their good work.

Cons

Because we are in such a competitive space (with 15 offices globally), there is always work to be done. If you don't want to put in the time and just sit back from 9 to 5, this probably isn't the place for you. With that said, we work hard but are rewarded accordingly.

Keep up the good work. We look to your leadership and trust you are doing what's best for the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Tapjoy