Tapjoy

www.tapjoy.com

A strong engineering team that tackles massive scale issues, fosters individual growth, and invests in culture fit.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsTapjoy is one of those unique opportunities where an engineer can make a big difference since the company is still relatively small yet the scale is massive. There are a lot of hard problems to tackle and new technologies to learn / evaluate.

Tapjoy's engineering managers also put a strong emphasis on helping to mentor and grow their team. If you're looking to be surrounded by smart folks, this is a good place to be. Mobile advertising isn't the the sexiest sounding product, but between the people and the technologies it's a great environment.

Over the past year, Tapjoy also focused on re-organizing the company and building a great team from the ground up. There's now a pretty strong Product / Engineering group leading there, looking to level-up the company. One year ago, Tapjoy wasn't in a great place for all teams... a lot of that has turned around since then.

ConsFrom an engineering perspective, Tapjoy still has a lot of room to grow. It's sometimes difficult to work through the tech debt that's built up over the years. Cross-office communication needs to be more effective. The on-boarding process for new engineers needs to be more efficient. These are all growing pains.

From a product perspective, Tapjoy needs to find a way to stand out other than through their scale / audience.

Work on some of the most difficult scaling problems around with a relaxed, inquisitive, and senior atmosphere

Engineer (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at Tapjoy full-time for less than a year

Pros: Its almost impossible to tell what someone's title is Very relaxed atmosphere Very inquisitive atmosphere,… Cons: Business teams still need to work on keeping product engineering ideas… Advice to Senior Management: Keep working on improving execution, but don't be afraid of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The company is on the right track

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Tapjoy full-time for less than a year

Pros: Working environment is good with a culture that people look to solve the problems first instead of blaming anyone. The "low ego" atmosphere makes the… Cons: The company experienced lots of changed during the past couple of… Advice to Senior Management: Hire good visionaries as product manager for innovation, in order… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Tapjoy.

Worked for Tapjoy? Contribute to the Community!