There are newer employer reviews for Target

It was an alright job for the summer.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Target

Pros

Hours and some of the management was okay to work with. So were the benefits when it boiled down to it.

Cons

Not much room to truly progress in the company. Upper management weren't too involved when you needed them to be.

Work harder when communicating with your employees because we're people too. Don't make all the new guys do grunt jobs.

reviews filtered by
  1. Dont work there if you want to make any money.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Olmsted, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Olmsted, OH

I worked at Target

Pros

it was close to home they had pretty flexable hours. Other than thai don't know why anyone would want to work for target.

Cons

Don't work for target if you want to make any real money, or if you want to move up in the company.

2. Miserable

Former Employee - Executive Team Lead in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Executive Team Lead in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Target

Pros

Hourly workers are friendly, hard working. District management is good.

Cons

Their culture is awful. The slogan is fast fun and friendly, however, Target does not promote being friends with co workers. In fact, you will get in trouble with management for being friendly with others. I was told I was too nice to the employees I managed. The management also constantly talked bad about the hourly employees who busted their humps. As an intern, it was very awkward trying to fit in with the clicky management group. The person training me constantly asked if I said certain things, making me second guess myself and feel as if I am lying. The final straw for me was when a friend walked into the store and I took 5 minutes to discuss what I was working on. I was told that I was "unprofessional" for that. I have taken tours in secured buildings (not public places) to see what other interns are working on. Everyone was very friendly to me and did not have any issue with having visitors. Target does not live up to their standard of fast fun and friendly.

Promote friendliness among employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Target