Target

Good People, crap job

Current Employee - Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member in Seal Beach, CA
Current Employee - Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member in Seal Beach, CA

I have been working at Target

Pros

amazing people. flexible schedule. good for high schoolers. cannot make real money. give lots of money to surrounding communities, lots of volunteer work available.

Cons

only get 10% discount in stores when you use cash or one of their credit cards. no room for growth. you can and will be replaced easily. customers treat you like crap for working on the bottom of the retail chain.

let your team members move around to other work areas, treat us with respect. 4 cent raise is a slap in the face.

10040 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Challenging, Stressful, but your never bored

Former Employee - Business Analyst Intern in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Business Analyst Intern in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Target

Pros

Great location. Smart people. Nice office.

Cons

Everyone is overextended and doing 100 things at once.

Don't force management to take on interns. It results in a negative experience on both ends when management doesn't have the time or desire to help someone grow professionally.

My experience has changed since I began, and not for the better.

Current Employee - Everything They Want Me to Do in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Everything They Want Me to Do in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Target

Pros

The people that I work with. I love working at guest service more than any other part of Target.Sometimes I enjoy how challenging my managers make my job. I also like the guests, even the mean ones!!

Cons

At the Target I work for, we are the busiest in our area, but we still never have people working. It puts a strain on everyone and is a big mess. Reshop is left for the morning team and since I know Starbucks, front lanes, food ave, gsa, and guest service,I end up covering all the breaks and sometimes 2 at a time because they won't cross train people. This means if i am at guest service my work does not get done. I have spoken to them about this and it has not changed.

If an employee asks you to do something because it is making work harder for everyone, please look into it. We, at least I, don't just ask things to be done for the fun of it. Also, Redcards are stupid! 10 a day is ridiculous.

There are newer employer reviews for Target