There are newer employer reviews for Target

Good People, crap job

Current Employee - Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member in Seal Beach, CA
Current Employee - Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member in Seal Beach, CA

I have been working at Target

Pros

amazing people. flexible schedule. good for high schoolers. cannot make real money. give lots of money to surrounding communities, lots of volunteer work available.

Cons

only get 10% discount in stores when you use cash or one of their credit cards. no room for growth. you can and will be replaced easily. customers treat you like crap for working on the bottom of the retail chain.

Advice to Management

let your team members move around to other work areas, treat us with respect. 4 cent raise is a slap in the face.

reviews filtered by

Interesting how much things vary from store to store.

Current Employee - Team Leader in Somerville, MA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Somerville, MA

I have been working at Target

Pros

Team leads are guaranteed full time positions
    Work with a diverse group of people
    Target itself is team oriented, but caution....this varies from store to store!

Cons

Incredible how morale varies from store to store.
    ETL's are hired straight from college, meaning lots have no management experience whatsoever!
    Unless you are an executive team lead, the pay is awful.

Advice to Management

Train your management team better. Promote from within. Pay attention to morale at all stores! Give your team members the recognition they deserve, stop cutting back payroll, and hire ETL's that are willing to lead by example!

2. My experience has changed since I began, and not for the better.

Current Employee - Everything They Want Me to Do in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Everything They Want Me to Do in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Target

Pros

The people that I work with. I love working at guest service more than any other part of Target.Sometimes I enjoy how challenging my managers make my job. I also like the guests, even the mean ones!!

Cons

At the Target I work for, we are the busiest in our area, but we still never have people working. It puts a strain on everyone and is a big mess. Reshop is left for the morning team and since I know Starbucks, front lanes, food ave, gsa, and guest service,I end up covering all the breaks and sometimes 2 at a time because they won't cross train people. This means if i am at guest service my work does not get done. I have spoken to them about this and it has not changed.

Advice to Management

If an employee asks you to do something because it is making work harder for everyone, please look into it. We, at least I, don't just ask things to be done for the fun of it. Also, Redcards are stupid! 10 a day is ridiculous.

There are newer employer reviews for Target