Target

www.target.com
  www.target.com
There are newer employer reviews for Target

Development-oriented culture, with good focus on driving profitable sales.

Current Employee - ETL Pharmacy in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - ETL Pharmacy in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Target

Pros

Supportive culture. Engaged employees have good chances for development and promotion.

Cons

Pharmacy technician support payroll has been restructured within the last 3 years to support pharmacy-pyramid profitability, but with the unintended consequence of decelerating sales growth in low-volume pharmacies (thus prolonging time required to achieve profitability). Pharmacists at low-volume pharmacies work without a technician for a majority of the operating hours.

By decreasing the number of pharmacy technician hours, we have increased the cost of tasks those technicians once performed, because the pharmacists must now carry out those duties [at their much higher pay rate relative to pharmacy technicians' pay rate]. Also, pharmacists engaged in technician duties are performing suboptimally, because if a technician were present more often, the pharmacists could spend more time building genuine relationships with pharmacy Guests.

9257 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Okay

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Colma, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Colma, CA

I have been working at Target

Pros

Great team members, friendly environment, and nice management. They also approve all swap times and you don't necessarily need to swap if you know ahead of time because they approve almost all request time offs.

Cons

Not really that much cons. Only the work is a bit of a work out depending what department your in and sometimes repetitive.

I would say just be a little kinder an try to find an individuals potential for a better raise. Just a little more appreciation would be nice.

Short-staffed and not much praise

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Abington, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Abington, MA

I worked at Target

Pros

Decent benefits package
    Decent pay
    Very friendly atmosphere
    Very helpful coworkers
    HR was always helpful and very understanding
    Helpful orientation and training

Cons

We constantly worked short-handed
    I became aware of yet another "superior" seemingly everyday, and these employees were not very friendly
    Lack of proper recognition for hard work

The pyramid of managers within each store is baffling, and while I want to say it also seems unnecessary, I cannot say that for certain.
    More recognition for lower-tier workers would be appreciated

There are newer employer reviews for Target