Target
3.2 of 5 6,700 reviews
www.target.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Position and team are not as described

Sales Floor Team Leader (Current Employee)

I have been working at Target

ProsStore Discount
Should be lots of opportunity for advancement

ConsNot all stores have the same culture. The culture of the store I work at now is opposite of the supportive and fun culture that I had at another. My current store is not interested in developing team members which was my main reason for moving to Target in the first place. The executlive team is all women only 25 yrs old or younger (even the STL) and many had had no other job experience than Target. I often feel and have other team members feel demoralized. Very dissapointing.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stop hiring people right out of college to manage other people unless they have actually had experience managing or leading people.

Do not work there

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Target

Pros: Good starting salary, pays time in a half Cons: Incompetent supervisors, does not give any direction Advice to Senior Management: Get with the program and start listening to your employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

My experience at Target was not good. Once they figure out that you are not the type they want to promote, it's over.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Target

Pros: Work life balance, the team members, and other group leaders were a… Cons: hard to get promoted, not a lot of personal recognition, the senior… Advice to Senior Management: Be fair to all of your executives and take personal interest in… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Target CEO Gregg W. Steinhafel. All reviews posted anonymously by Target employees.