Target

www.target.com
  www.target.com
There are newer employer reviews for Target

Can't become an ETL from hourly supervisor

Former Employee - Senior Team Lead
Former Employee - Senior Team Lead

I worked at Target

Pros

Great People to work with and generally the managers are great. Moving up from Team member to team lead can happen if you wait long enough and do what the managers tell you.

Cons

The ETL's come mainly straight out of college and they convince them all they can become store managers. there are a lot of politics and backstabbing.

I lost my job after 10 years because My new ETL did not get along with me and my STL who always supported me before told me she was not going to fight my battles. How do fight my boss and tell him stuff is his fault.

Stop cutting the hours the stores get. You want a to give a great guest experience remember Target is not Kmart and stop running it like it is.

9053 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Position and team are not as described

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader

I have been working at Target

Pros

Store Discount
    Should be lots of opportunity for advancement

Cons

Not all stores have the same culture. The culture of the store I work at now is opposite of the supportive and fun culture that I had at another. My current store is not interested in developing team members which was my main reason for moving to Target in the first place. The executlive team is all women only 25 yrs old or younger (even the STL) and many had had no other job experience than Target. I often feel and have other team members feel demoralized. Very dissapointing.

Please stop hiring people right out of college to manage other people unless they have actually had experience managing or leading people.

Good learning experience but I would not want to work in retail again

Former Employee - Cashier/Cart Attendant
    Former Employee - Cashier/Cart Attendant

I worked at Target

Pros

Managers created a friendly work environment most of the time
    Decent starting wage
    Chance to move up in the position

Cons

Scheduling - bad hours or not scheduling enough people
    Communication about changes
    Didn't always have enough or right supplies to do my job
    Confusing leadership structure
    Very small raises - several people's starting wage was very close to mine when I had already been working there for 4 years

When changes are made, you need to inform everybody of these changes. Many times I was not given the supplies necessary to do my job. Lastly, I would fix the scheduling, many people were dissatisfied at the way scheduling was handled.

There are newer employer reviews for Target