Target
3.2 of 5 7,550 reviews
www.target.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Can't become an ETL from hourly supervisor

Senior Team Lead (Former Employee)

ProsGreat People to work with and generally the managers are great. Moving up from Team member to team lead can happen if you wait long enough and do what the managers tell you.

ConsThe ETL's come mainly straight out of college and they convince them all they can become store managers. there are a lot of politics and backstabbing.

I lost my job after 10 years because My new ETL did not get along with me and my STL who always supported me before told me she was not going to fight my battles. How do fight my boss and tell him stuff is his fault.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop cutting the hours the stores get. You want a to give a great guest experience remember Target is not Kmart and stop running it like it is.

Good learning experience but I would not want to work in retail again

Cashier/Cart Attendant (Former Employee)

I worked at Target

Pros: Managers created a friendly work environment most of the time Decent… Cons: Scheduling - bad hours or not scheduling enough people Communication about changes Didn't always have enough or right supplies to do my job Confusing leadership… Advice to Senior Management: When changes are made, you need to inform everybody of these changes. Many times I was not given the supplies… More

Hard work but meet great people

I have been working at Target

Pros: Possible to work varied hours that allow flexibility Cons: Long hours and demanding work Advice to Senior Management: Profit Sharing Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Target CEO John J. Mulligan. All reviews posted anonymously by Target employees.