Boring

I worked at Target

Pros

Good people, but the job is monotonous.

Cons

Bad Management, they need to be more accessible.

Pay attention to employees

Other Reviews for Target

Nice people, good intentions, but too many expectations.

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader

I have been working at Target

Pros

Employee discount on just about everything, things you use regularly, can be stacked with Red credit or debit card 5% discount. Does save you money.
    Through holiday season there has always been food provided in the break room at no cost to employees for their hard work. During off times or other times of the year, food is easy to obtain on breaks with Cafe, Starbucks, and grocery section near by. Generally convenient workplace.
    Great communication, for the most part, every member of the team that will be communicating with a guest will have a walkie, allowing them to easily call for back up, ask a question, etc. as required to assist that guest. Team huddle every shift to make sure everyone is aware who the LOD is, who else is on staff, and what needs to be done. Enough equipment such as PDAs to ensure we have the tools to do our job, most of the time.
    Management is generally available for you to address concerns with, so far for me anyways.
    Something different to expect every day.
    Successful company with fair policies.

Cons

Not impressed with pay. Work mostly in electronics and am making $3 less an hour than I was at my last commissioned electronics job (Failing, but still big name retailer- two years experience, $2 less than paid two years earlier at another Big Box electronics chain for a holiday season with no experience) where I feel like I put in the same amount of effort selling service, credit and accessories, with so much less traffic and other assigned tasks that I am given at Target. I understand its a poor economy and seasonal hire time, but I felt like 2 and a half years in retail with electronic sales experience should have earned me more than a quarter over minimum wage.
    Many tasks assigned at once with not nearly enough people staffed, all the time. Tasks never get fully completed at night and are left until morning as we are far too busy helping guests to do the tasks they expect us to finish. Don't understand this as there seemed to be many seasonal hires. Heard through the grapevine that many senior employees were disappointed with their amount of hirs after seasonal hire and quit, which would explain.. but seasonals were all getting more hours than they wanted. Keep your employees happy and you'll make staffing goals!
    My training was rushed and incomplete. Two full months of working electronics I finally pointed out to them that I had not been electronics certified, as every night I had been scheduled for the training, someone would decided I was more needed elsewhere, and it never got done. End of training comes along, I'm scheduled electronics and just have to figure their systems, security, policies out on my own. Not a good couple days, Black Friday week I may add. Poor, Poor training.

Mostly wrote this as I wanted to get it out of my system before my review. Overall, I think it was a busy holiday season with a lot of staffing issues, and things got sloppy and slipped through the cracks. The pros still outweigh the cons. I am trying to stay optimistic, as a Marketing major I could see a future with Target and don't want one hectic season to ruin that.

Undecided

I have been working at Target

Pros

It's friendly...it's fast... and it's familiar.

Cons

There are some people that work harder than others...

They need new faces.. in some cases seniority isn't productive.

There are newer employer reviews for Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!