There are newer employer reviews for Target

not a bad job, got a good amount of hours and had great co workers

Former Employee - Cashier
Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Target

Pros

good hours, positive environment, understanding and friendly management, Overall i learned a lot about dealing with customers and gained a lot of knowledge in customer service and retail

Cons

As a cashier you stand in the same spot for a long period of time which can get boring, you sometimes have rude customers and you are constantly being hounded to sell red cards which are target credit cards

Stop being so over bearing towards your employees about getting red cards and surveys. It would also be helpful to give more of an incentive if you do expect employees to sell red cards

8690 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Not college-student friendly

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member

I have been working at Target

Pros

10 percent discount, extra discount on Target brands over the holidays, ability to pick up extra shifts, kooky and entertaining co-workers.

Cons

When I first applied at Target in 2008, I provided my availability three different times but was scheduled for an orientation during one of my final exams. They would not allow me to attend a different orientation. I recently re-applied and began working at Target for the first time. For the spring 2012 semester, I applied to change my availability to reflect my new class schedule, which was denied. I plan to leave and pursue employment somewhere that supports my educational goals.

My current pay is the same as what I was offered in 2008.

The company is eliminating health insurance coverage and only providing health savings accounts.

Please encourage your store leadership to actually follow the "family friendly" policies advertised during orientation as well as communicate with TMs. I have only seen my ETL three times in two months.

Can't become an ETL from hourly supervisor

Former Employee - Senior Team Lead
    Former Employee - Senior Team Lead

I worked at Target

Pros

Great People to work with and generally the managers are great. Moving up from Team member to team lead can happen if you wait long enough and do what the managers tell you.

Cons

The ETL's come mainly straight out of college and they convince them all they can become store managers. there are a lot of politics and backstabbing.

I lost my job after 10 years because My new ETL did not get along with me and my STL who always supported me before told me she was not going to fight my battles. How do fight my boss and tell him stuff is his fault.

Stop cutting the hours the stores get. You want a to give a great guest experience remember Target is not Kmart and stop running it like it is.

There are newer employer reviews for Target