Target

www.target.com

Fun place to work, better than some, but still lacking.

Electronics Sales Associate (Current Employee) Cedar Rapids, IA

ProsTarget is much more organized than some other companies: they have a good use of tools, inventory setup, and planning. The way that the employees, team leaders, and managers work together as a team is extraordinary, and everyone generally treats everyone else with respect. There is a diverse range of employees which keeps it fun and interesting most of the time. And, depending on which department you're in, the job can be pretty fun. Also, there are a number of ways to pick up extra hours each week if they are available (and they usually are).

ConsThe type of people that are hired on as managers can boggle the mind at times; apparently you need a bachelor's degree in order to be a manager, but some of the general associates are more intelligent than those put into managerial positions, which can be quite frustrating. Also, management tends to be very political, so what may seem fair or even logical is sometimes completely disregarded.

The availability you put down when hired will, more or less, be your availability forever even if you try to change it, and you can almost count on never having a consistent schedule (opening one morning, then closing, then opening, then mid-shift, etc.). Also, approaching the end of the fiscal year, you can count on your hours being reduced to practically nothing, regardless of performance or need.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider the needs of your employees more. Yes, you may have demands from those that are above you, but it's those that are below you that drive the profit of the store and who the guests see first. At least try to strike an even balance, because if an employee is happy, it'll be reflected in their work. Be more fair and less political. Do what makes sense, not what is more convenient for your personal, individual agenda.

And thank you for having given me a place to work where management is actually helpful and respectful. There is no shortage of respect and politeness for the employees (at least to their faces), and for that I have been very grateful. That is one thing that you definitely have going for this company.

Disappointing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Target

Pros: Target can be a fun place to work. There are some… Cons: Politics. Target describes itself as a "results-oriented" company, but in reality they are anything but. There is some of this in any workplace,… Advice to Senior Management: Here are three ideas that Target should (but won't) consider : 1 - make… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work.

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member (Current Employee) Somerville, MA

I have been working at Target

Pros: My superiors were fair and competent. The environment was clean and… Cons: Working at retail stores in general can be mind numbing. Not blaming Target for this,… Advice to Senior Management: Offer more opportunities of advancement for those employees who deserve… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!