There are newer employer reviews for Target

Love to work for Target

Current Employee - Senior Technical Architect  in  Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Senior Technical Architect in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target

Pros

Strategy, long term outlook, collobration, great people!

Cons

Not a technology leader, may need better strategy for technology investments, as the landscape has changed a lot.

Don't waste time and money with bad decision making. If you are not investing in the right technology and protect your good people, trouble is very near!

8222 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

I had a great time working for Target.

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member  in  Lafayette, LA
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Lafayette, LA

I worked at Target

Pros

It's a great environment and they have great employees. They were flexible around my school schedule and other things that I had going on in my life.

Cons

Some of the managers at the particular location I worked at did not know what they were doing. It was almost as if they lacked common sense.

I think there should be some kind of training to teach managers how to interact with their employees and teach them how to be better managers overall.

Great

Current Employee - Signing Team Member  in  Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Signing Team Member in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Target

Pros

Yearly performance based raises, Full benefits, 401k company match (5%), flexible hours, I have never had a time off request denied. Within a store any problems or ideas will be addressed with professionalism and courtesy. Great culture, corporate sponsored giving and volunteer events. The upper management truly care about each employee.

Cons

Location to location changes can be drastic. Having worked at five different locations they all do things differently based on the district and group goals. Performance is measured numerically without regard to problems that are out of the hands of the store team members. Expected results are not always achievable. Hours are allocated to each store based on expected sales performance, not expected workload.

I often feel that my ideas are incapable of being elevated above the store level. I don't feel I have any say in how the company is run, despite how I am affected by the procedural changes made by corporate decisions.

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!