Target

www.target.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Target

I loved working at Target while I was in college. They worked well with my schedule

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Target

Pros

~ Great management ~ Works with your schedule~

Cons

The Target I worked at the management had their favorite people and they were treated better than the rest.

10028 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Expect More Pay Less

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Target Headquarters hosts popular artists to perform during work hours, that headquarter employees get to attend for free. We have seen the Black-eyed Peas, Nora Jones, Shakira and there are rumors that Adel is coming soon.

Cons

There is a rough work-life balance that is truly unsustainable. As a Business Analyst one must work until the job gets done. I usually worked from 7am to 9pm and often until 1am. The manager and buyers on the team can make this balance better or worse, depending on their sense of urgency and if they micromanage. Target Headquarters hires around 400 Business Analysts a year for less than 300 positions. 4 BAs out of 4 quit within a 4 month time period. This shows that they are burning through BAs quickly, and know it. This also speaks to why the culture is so young at headquarters. Additionally, the benefits and pay do no merit the long work hours put into the job. I would rate the health benefits at a D and pay at a B. It is true what they say, Expect more, Pay less.

As the job market improves, Target will continue to lose valuable employees who want a better work life balance. Get rid of tedious processes that do not move the needle in the business and shift workload to Target India. Additionally, get rid of middle management (MP Managers) who do not know how to drive the business or effectively manage a team. You see slower turn by doing so.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Odessa, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Odessa, TX

I have been working at Target

Pros

They always are looking for ways to help progress the team members to the next level. They always are willing to help you out in any way.,

Cons

Never enough staff to really cover the floor

I live in the oil boom and it is hard to get anybody to work for the pay that we offer. It may be competitive in the eastern part of the U.S.

There are newer employer reviews for Target