There are newer employer reviews for Target

very disorganized and little to no respect for employees.

Former Employee - Instock Team
Former Employee - Instock Team

I worked at Target

Pros

good discount, friendly coworkers, good schedule, good training

Cons

management was disrespectful of employees, not much flexibility in schedules, no opportunities to move departments or advance

stay connected to employees, lean how to manage people, not demand all things perfect with no direction.

8247 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Loved some of the people, hated others and just was not run very well overall.

I worked at Target

Pros

I met one of my now best friends while working there, loved the environment and the whole retail industry in general. Some of the higher ups were nice and actually cared about the lowly team members.

Cons

Minimum wage, Very low flexibility; would not let me change my availability for the first 90 days but my whole job was only 90 days to begin with because it was seasonal, so i thought that was unfair. There were very high goals set that can be sometimes impossible while juggling the customers, covering for other worker's breaks, and back up cashiering. SUPER lazy team leads; did absolutely nothing but then came and yelled at us for not folding the clothes the right way. She attempted to re-fold them to show us how it was done but ended up doing a worse job and then just walked away. Every day we have "huddles" where they talk about how much the store has made in the last day; makes me mad that the company makes so much but pays their employees so poorly.

Try listening to your employees more and be nicer to them and maybe you would get the work done that you want.

Mixed

I worked at Target

Pros

It's good exercise to run around the floor all day. Many of your co-workers can be pretty cool and can joke around with. It's not too demanding of a job depending on the floor traffic of customers,and you can just focus on whatever section you're assigned and have some freedom with covering cashiers up front or helping with other sections if you're not busy and things look in order.

Cons

Holiday season is WILD. Expect what you typically expect of a retail store with customers - you can get good, bad, or horrible. When you first join, you're inevitably going to get thrown to the wolves and not know how to do practically anything - even though you've been 'trained' and walked through. You won't know where every item is and will constantly be asking for help. Once you get the hang of it though in 2-3 weeks it will be simple. Training doesn't teeach you how to get things from the back, the tops of shelves, and so on - so it makes you really inflexible when with a little more time dedicated to training everyone could be well rounded. But I guess they don't want to dedicate much time to "expendable" individuals who may quit or may only be there short-term.

Understand that in today's economic times, yes there are still a lot of fresh inexperienced employees. But there are also a lot that are completely overqualified for their position and you don't have to treat like an idiot that could do your job as a Team Leader or Store Manager just as well as you can. And no matter how much you try to aspire to reach sales goals - the majority of that relies on foot traffic and just how much people want to spend. You can do the best job possible and give 110% - but that doesn't mean people are going to buy. Keep that in mind, and keep in mind that making decisions that lead to confused, inflexible employees also has its drawbacks. Some simple training and explaining would prevent newer employees from typing up more experienced employees from their section for periods of time.

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!