Target

www.target.com
  www.target.com
There are newer employer reviews for Target

My experience was very interesting to say the least and I learned quite a bit about self and my leadership style.

I worked at Target

Pros

Focus on one's leadership and development strategies.

Cons

Promotion or consideration of promotion is not always about strong performance as much as personality, popularity and team member support.

9256 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Fun Fast and Friendly

Current Employee - Human Resources
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at Target

Pros

I love the "team" feeling you have with your peers and team leaders. It's comforting to know that if there are issues or questions I may have there is also outside support and hotlines. The benefit packages are great (but you have to work a min average of 20 hrs/wk.) And whenever there is a scheduling issure they're always willing to work with you to help get it covered and for the most part can work around school/other personal schedules and obligations.

Cons

At Target the interview process can be lengthy from the time you apply to the time you are actually called in for an orientation. Constructive feed back when there is a need for improvement in performance is not alway verbally communicated until it is "too late". Communication in general could be improved. The Executives seem to be overwhelmed with their workload and don't seem to be as productive as they could be with communicationl to the team. There's very strict practices but training is limited so expectations can be unreasonable.

I feel that if there were a required set of hours set aside in payroll to train all new (and current) TM's once a postion is listed as open it could ensure that everyone is properly trained. I also believe that HR TM's should be forecasted more hours to ensure that all responsibilities are completed

Good for Retail

I have been working at Target

Pros

Well developed company with clear policies. Seem to care about employees and provide an enjoyable workplace ... though it is still a workplace.

Cons

Like most retail there is often an urgency to get more done than there is available time to complete it. Little or no overtime available

There are newer employer reviews for Target