Target

Wonderfull

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Logistics in Gainesville, VA
Current Employee - Executive Team Leader - Logistics in Gainesville, VA

I have been working at Target

Pros

Respecfull, different cultures, clean space, good team.

Cons

Renew the equipments, like the PDT, we have some hard time to scan.

You did great job. I believing you and all the staff. Don't stop improving what still doing.

9233 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

very friendly workplace and appreciative of good employees

Current Employee - Stockroom in Fairlawn, OH
    Current Employee - Stockroom in Fairlawn, OH

I have been working at Target

Pros

friendly
    fair wages
    yearly evaluations with pay increases
    clean workplace
    many volunteer opportunities in community

Cons

hours may be too limited for part time employees

too much shifting of team leaders within stores, let the effective ones remain in the area they are running well

Lazy management that never think of how to make the store better.

Former Employee - Cart Attendant in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Cart Attendant in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Target part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working there as a high school student and partially into college the hours were very flexible. Also, the other younger workers there were awesome, I loved the people I worked with (except management).

Cons

I worked at target for 4 years as a cart attendant. I was in school for engineering and only worked weekends for the last year and a half. Maybe it was just the store I was working at but the management there seriously had no clue what they were doing. Any little problem they would have they would just put in a maintenance request and wait for someone else to fix the problem. I think the worst part was that none of the management team had ever actually been a regular team member. They had no idea of how much time or work any particular tasks take. I also felt like they did not value their "outstanding" team members. Many front end (cashiers, cart attendants, guest service, and food ave) team members are cross trained in multiple areas (I'm sure its the same for hard lines and soft lines but I have no experience there). Management would never take the time to figure out which area you really wanted to work in and give you more shifts in that area. Finally, the pay raise system is a joke. Annual raises only? really? And when you work your ass off for a full year and they come back and say "Great job! here is a $0.05 raise!" It really makes me wonder how people can stand working at target for more then 4-5 years. Any way that'y my rant, take it with a grain of salt.

Unless you start hiring ETL's (Executive Team Leads) from within the pool of team members, leave the floor management to the Team Leaders. A re-occurring theme was that the Team Leaders hated the ETL's. This was because the ETL's don't work with the same team day in and day out so they have no idea of their individual capabilities. Have ETL's stay in their offices and come down to throw the rule book at a guest only in necessary situations.

There are newer employer reviews for Target