Target

www.target.com
  www.target.com
There are newer employer reviews for Target

My experience here has been great

Current Employee - Softlines Brand Team Member in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Softlines Brand Team Member in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Target

Pros

Opportunities for advancement, good benefits, plenty of positive feedback from management

Cons

The pay is not all that great until you start getting into management

Be more competitive with salaries - you get what you pay for

9220 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Expect More Pay Less

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Target Headquarters hosts popular artists to perform during work hours, that headquarter employees get to attend for free. We have seen the Black-eyed Peas, Nora Jones, Shakira and there are rumors that Adel is coming soon.

Cons

There is a rough work-life balance that is truly unsustainable. As a Business Analyst one must work until the job gets done. I usually worked from 7am to 9pm and often until 1am. The manager and buyers on the team can make this balance better or worse, depending on their sense of urgency and if they micromanage. Target Headquarters hires around 400 Business Analysts a year for less than 300 positions. 4 BAs out of 4 quit within a 4 month time period. This shows that they are burning through BAs quickly, and know it. This also speaks to why the culture is so young at headquarters. Additionally, the benefits and pay do no merit the long work hours put into the job. I would rate the health benefits at a D and pay at a B. It is true what they say, Expect more, Pay less.

As the job market improves, Target will continue to lose valuable employees who want a better work life balance. Get rid of tedious processes that do not move the needle in the business and shift workload to Target India. Additionally, get rid of middle management (MP Managers) who do not know how to drive the business or effectively manage a team. You see slower turn by doing so.

Good for first job or to hold you over until you decide what you want to do

Current Employee - Cashier/Snack Bar/Guest Services in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Cashier/Snack Bar/Guest Services in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Target part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Target offers consistent work and flexible work hours. It's great for if you are in school, they offer benefits and weekly pay as well as a 10% discount on everything they sell. They do have a type of tuition assistance program.

Cons

Unless you are interested in staying with a retail career, there is not much else to do with them. They will move you up and try to hire from within, though I never witnessed this happening through my employment with Target.

Offer more benefits, make it a smooth transfer for store level employees to get into a corporate level position.

There are newer employer reviews for Target