There are newer employer reviews for Target

Fast, Fun, and Fictitious

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is decent work life balance compared to my last job in investment banking, and there's a great collegial atmosphere. Some of the people you encounter will become your best friends, and people are very apt to attend happy hour 2-3 times per week. There are many young (and attractive) people that work at Target, so socializing is never difficult in or outside of work.

Cons

For the most part, the people you encounter at Target are the polar opposite of genuine. Everyone puts on this façade of excitement, and acts as if you're their best friend. The corporate politics of Target are insane; you need to be able to be the perfect Minnesotan (passive aggressive) to be promotable (luckily I'm a native). There is constant whispering around the office and you can never trust that what someone says to you is how they feel. Another issue is the heir of elitism at HQ. Yes, Target is the #2 retailer on the planet, yes (if you are female), you are probably very attractive, but no, you are not an astro-physicist, nor do you get paid like an engineer. Regardless, you will hear endless complaints regarding the work/life balance, because a 35-hour work week is very challenging.

8708 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Target is a great company IF you are ambitious and are looking to grow

Current Employee - Bulk Logistics Team Member in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Bulk Logistics Team Member in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Target full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I started as a Flow team member basically just stocking but I showed interest in learning everything i could about the company and becoming more diverse in my work areas and they supported me and gave me a lot of opportunities to develop within the company. All upper level management foster a family type atmosphere and nurture to develop the potential in there team members if they express the interest and work hard to show it. I am now getting ready for my team lead interviews just a year later. And had my immediate manager not had a baby it would have probably happened sooner.

Cons

I don't think the pay is aggressive enough and you almost never see 40 hrs unless you are backroom trained or cross train to pick up shifts in other areas of the store.

Average pay, but company treats their team members with respect and with appreciation.

Current Employee - Cashier in Webster, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Webster, TX

I have been working at Target part-time (more than an year)

Pros

-they treat their team members with respect
    -they are fair and reasonable.
    -works with your availability
    -great job for school
    -great benefits from 10% off at the stores, to 20% off Verizon and AT@T, even healthcare plans for part time employees after 1 year.

Cons

-sometimes the hours could be better, which is common for retail I hear.

Hire what you need, not extra.

There are newer employer reviews for Target