There are newer employer reviews for Target

Fast, Fun and Fake

I have been working at Target for more than 3 years

Pros

If you are young, beautiful, and blonde you will get hired, if not you may get hired but never promoted.
You will get a lunch.
You get 10% off purchases.
Even the people who hate you smile, the bigger the smile, th bigger the hate.

Cons

Company promotes genuine faking.
That smile is turning a knife in your back.
No matter what they say the reason is, truth is you didn't get the job because they hired a friend or relative.
They target people they dislike for termination. dosen't mean you did something wrong, they just don't like you.

Will they listen?

8403 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Depressing

I have been working at Target full-time

Pros

Team members are friendly. Great Benefits Package. Team Leads very nice. Until the last year a nice place to work.

Cons

Team members having overwhelming work load. Not very realistic. Our e.t.ls. are not very realistic about work goals and times. Not enough equipment. We are usually struggling to finish work and waste time due to having to run back and forth to share equipment or to even find equipment. I work on Plano team and upper management make us feel like we are something you would find at the bottom of a sludge filled pool. Their attitude trickles down because other team leads will constantly berate or harass the team. Moral is low on our team. Nothing we do is right. Can't bring any issues we see to upper management when we see concerns that is not company procedure. They brush it off, have gotten angry with us, or even been threatened with right up. Our store does not value people with experience and or don't even ask what type of experience any of us might have. Our E.T.L. is confusing in his techniques. One week he wrote us up because we didn't make his expectations but requisitioned us some snacks cause we were green for that month. He has made it plain he wants to fire us at every turn. Even when our team is consistently green (good). He has tried to find ways to fire our Team Lead at every turn. Even thought she makes it on her scores. The only time we went red (bad) is when he took over the team while she was away.

Just disgusted with Management. Almost all are new and though not all of you are clueless or heartless majority of you have no respect for any team members who are trying to work their way up .Some people who work there are working their way thru college and some people are just plain happy to have a job. You should respect those that work hard for you not look at people through your biased filled filtered glasses. Stop using scare tactics. And for those that are thinking of working there, you should know despite how Target portrays themselves E.T.L.s must conform too or your on the chopping block too. So many great managers are gone that knew how to push their team and really truly cared about them too. That's sad and depressing.

Good company to work for...lots of changes going on though

I have been working at Target full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paid well, good people, good hiring practices

Cons

Lots of accountability/micromanagement, don't mess up!!

Stop with the threats off documentation

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!