Target

www.target.com
  www.target.com
There are newer employer reviews for Target

Probably the best company ive ever worked for

Current Employee - Flow Team Member in Harmarville, PA
Current Employee - Flow Team Member in Harmarville, PA

I have been working at Target part-time (more than an year)

Pros

consistancy, positive fun fast upbeat, they care about their employees, they run contest and have partys for rewards, lots of incentive for working there, you work with everyone, no one just sits at a desk, every one has a hand in the stores success

Cons

i cant really think of anything at this point, its a great place so far, just havent seen much room for advancement, but i am still new and probably not the best person to judge that yet

keep it up, i love my job and

9261 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

"Collaboration = Meeting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Team members generally are excited to be working for Target. In the scheme of things comp can be pretty good, but an can also be inequitable.

Cons

Lots of meetings... decisions need to happen in person.

Less meetings

Great company to start out in

Current Employee - Team Leader in Arden, NC
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Arden, NC

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Target, as a company, treats me better than any other company I have worked for. After a few years, you take for granted two paid 15 minute breaks for an 8 hour shift in addition to a 30 minute unpaid lunch break. Other places I worked at you didnt get a break at all!
    Target offers medical and dental, vacation/sick pay, and other benefits to any team leader (dept manager) immediately, but more rarely, to any employee who reaches the 1000 hour mark.
    A pro, which can also be a con, is that your experience is entirely dependant upon your store's leadership- if they are willing to work hard along with you, its a great place to work for.
    The discount doesnt suck either.

Cons

Since the recession, it seems as if headquarters has been more interested in squeezing money from the stores by cutting payroll than maintaining the brand. They have reduced the number of department managers by half, significantly cut payroll across the board, yet still expect the same amount of work to be accomplished. This added to the fact that last year the pay increases were worse than ever while the company still ekes a large profit is very frustrating to those in the field who have to work harder to get more done in less time.
    Store management sets the tone for the executives- if the boss is spending all of his time in an office, then his executives do the same. This doesnt happen in all stores, but I've worked in some who do.
    District management can also be a problem. Have worked in districts where they like to put college grads with no experience in charge, or hand a store management job to someone from corporate who has never worked in a store for a day in his life. Ugh.

Don't be so stingy on promoting from within!
    Loosen the purse strings. The company is making more money than ever with PFresh, but the brand isnt what it used to be. Let us have more people on the sales floor to help guests and let us get back to what made Target great!

There are newer employer reviews for Target