Target

www.target.com
  www.target.com
There are newer employer reviews for Target

Target is an okay place to work.

Former Employee - Cashier
Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Target part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some friendly co-workers, many areas to work and learn to work. Opportunity to switch jobs roles. My HR was very flexible with schedule and listened to my requests of vacation, or if I needed more or less hours or if I wanted to switch job roles.

Cons

VERY "clique"ish. Management is very much a clique, so to move up you have to become part of "the cool crowd." I've seen many people who work harder than anyone there who never move up, and people who are told they can't move up because they don't have a degree, but then watch someone else get promoted who also doesn't have one. You're managers often are brought straight in from college with no experience. It's impossible to get full time at Target unless you get a supervisor position, and even then they don't promise full time.

Try to stop work place cliques. Pay attention to who is doing all the work on the floor. Recognize those people and offer them better pay and promotions. Get rid of the mandatory bachelors degree rule to be a Sr team lead. Many people work for YEARS and know more than someone with no experience who went to college. It should be an equal opportunity. Many of your employees are hard workers but never had the opportunity to go to college.

9228 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Great company

I have been working at Target part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours for hourly employees, good for part-time work. Full benefits for hourly employees working 20+ hours per week. They will put interested Team Leaders working on Bachelor's Degrees on Executive (entry-level management) tracks.

Cons

Advancement limit for people without a Bachelor's Degree. Associate's doesn't cut it.

7 years of growth in Target Stores

I worked at Target full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Positive, winning atmosphere
    Bonus for performance
    Free Stuff
    Surrounded by great leaders who are great people as well
    Given feedback and advisement on how to grow

Cons

Work/Life Balance has been getting harder over the years we have had to do more with less.
    I think Bob Ulrich was a better CEO but Greg is trying to drive the same values.
    The always changing atmosphere makes it exciting but some of the changed haven't been executed as flawlessly as in the past.

There are newer employer reviews for Target