Target

www.target.com
  www.target.com
There are newer employer reviews for Target

Work for Target, its pretty cool.

Current Employee - Electronics Specialist in Joplin, MO
Current Employee - Electronics Specialist in Joplin, MO

I have been working at Target

Pros

Awesome working conditions as far as store cleanliness, etc. Various tasks and ways of organizing the sales floor seem to make a lot of sense. Target has put a lot of time and development into making our processes some of the most efficient in the retail industry. Almost everyone who works here seems to be friendly and helpful. Hard work is recognized and rewarded. I would have to say that the organization of management makes more sense than someplace like wal-mart. I also like that senior management as a whole seem skilled at every job in the store. Not much else to say.

Cons

Bleh, lots of strange ways of doing things.

None

9256 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Great company, great opportunity - it's all about what you make of it!

Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target

Pros

The people. I've met many of my best friends in my 9 years at Target. Of course there are always a few 'less than stellar' people, but those are discovered and dealt with over time.
    The opportunities. I started as a cashier in college and made a career path for myself. I'm now in a salaried position where I feel that I personally make an impact through my work.
    The ethics. Committed to doing the 'right' thing.
    The fun. It's Target!! It's a culture in and of itself. I really believe that we're better than the competition in every way. I was offered a similar position with a competitor making much more and refused.

Cons

It's a large company and there will always be some degree of 'politics' to deal with.

Have goals and aspirations but leave the agenda behind. Listen to the 'little people' they are your best view of what's really going on. Don't take yourself too seriously.

Good place to start, but career opportunities limited.

Former Employee - Group Leader in Lacey, WA
    Former Employee - Group Leader in Lacey, WA

I worked at Target

Pros

Great Place to Learn and understand a growing business

Cons

Career development none existence, spoken, not executed from senior management

Focus on your team and understand what they do being the front line of the company

There are newer employer reviews for Target