Target

www.target.com

It's not that hard of a job but can be annoying

Current Employee - Front End  in  Whittier, CA
Current Employee - Front End in Whittier, CA

Pros

Get time off unless it's Holidays. Allow shift swapping. Depending on locations, you have cool co-workers. Reviews and raises yearly. 10% discount on everything in the store, including sales/clearance items. It's not great but it's also not horrible. Most complainers are the ones who hate working and come in to work hung over. My store has games and events that make work semi fun.

Cons

Severe favoritism. They hound you to open RedCards. I literally have to force cashiers to promote RedCards. Upper management doesn't care about much other than RedCards, surveys, attachment scores. Some managers are cool and listen. They bring in interns who have never worked a day in their life and they are all around 20 years old. Never want to promote from within but when they do, they chose their favorites.
Horrible hours. I work at a huge store that brings in crazy amounts of money. As a supervisor who is trained in 7 different places, I get 17 hours a week. Cashiers get around 20.

Please stop hiring these fresh out of college people who don't know how to work a cash registers. Yes, I understand that they need jobs too and I know they went to school for it, but seriously, some of the people they hire can't even open a cash drawer.
Allow people to show you they are willing to bust their butts to get a promotion. Stop belittling people if they can't do a certain job outside their department.

Other reviews for Target

It's okay

Current Employee - Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier in San Jose, CA

Pros

Job is fine for someone coming out of high school. Meet lots of interesting people, employees and guests.

Cons

Doing carts for 8 hours on a busy weekend. It suck especially when you love helping your coworkers.

More pay.

A great place to start.

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Miami, FL

Pros

The Target culture is great. High energy and a great place to start out your career. I loved the benefits and I love target, its a great store and company.

Cons

You better be able to work a flexible schedule if you work for target or any retail. Also I hated the push for cashiers to get credits.

Come up with a new option to get credits that dont involve cashiers having to hold up the lilnes and slow down the check out. Cashiers should not have to worry about getting more credits while they are checking out guest.

There are newer employer reviews for Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!