Target

www.target.com

Great to learn how to manage a team and develop yourself

Executive Team Leader (Former Employee) Madison, WI

Pros- Can make the mistakes all young professionals do and learn from them (just don't repeat the same ones!)
- Leadership development is there if you're willing to put a lot of work in. Those who don't will complain about the "lack of development," when really they need to just keep reaching out to others and making time for it.

Cons- Large size of corporation means most policies/rules are created for the dumbest of the 200,000+ employees and millions of customers. This mean lots of procedure and time spent to limit target's liability or exposure to the mistakes that can be made by the aforementioned few. It's smart business but frustrating at times.
- Retails hours are less than ideal, but you can definitely get away with spending less than 50/week once you know your job and learn to effectively delegate and manage your time.

Advice to Senior Management- Communicate WHY policies/procedures are in place through EXAMPLES. Much of the time the explanations are vague. Give those in the stores concrete examples that will help the store teams understand why they're jumping through the hoops that they are.

Cashier

Cashier (Current Employee) Lincoln, RI

I have been working at Target part-time for less than a year

Pros: Easy, great breaks, competitive pay for cashier plus time and… Cons: It's a customer service job. You are the face of the company so you always have… Advice to Senior Management: So far from what I have seen, on the field level Target is a really well run company. I… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

good environment, average pay, room to move up

Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I worked at Target part-time for less than a year

Pros: friendly and helpful management and co-workers; 10% discount storewide Cons: everything that has to do with any customer service/food service… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!