There are newer employer reviews for Target

Good place to start, but career opportunities limited.

Former Employee - Group Leader in Lacey, WA
Former Employee - Group Leader in Lacey, WA

I worked at Target

Pros

Great Place to Learn and understand a growing business

Cons

Career development none existence, spoken, not executed from senior management

Focus on your team and understand what they do being the front line of the company

8708 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Great to work at Target

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Target

Pros

I believe that the best reason to work for Target lies in the people that the company brings on to work along side you. Other staff are very professional and also fun, and that makes a work day go by much easier. The hours are manageable and the pay is decent as well. Supervisors often give quality feedback about the nature of your work.

Cons

Personally, I do believe that this can be frustrating at times though because people mess around too much and don't get work done. For example, some employees surf online for much of their day time working hours and this can be frustrating to others.

Pay attention to what your employees are doing.

Target- wake up and appreciate the employees who are actually interacting with the customers/patients.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Target

Pros

10% employee discount is the best that I can currently think of.

Cons

I do not feel that I am respected or valued by either the store manager or the pharmacy district manager (called RPM or regional pharmacy manager). The store manager now has complete responsibility over the pharmacy, yet does not understand the pharmacists actual duties. I have been called on the phone MANY times and asked if I could come to the store managers office to talk. I don't know how many times I have told him that I have patients waiting for their prescriptions. He does not understand that a pharmacist is involved in every single prescription. Be it checking the final rx, reviewing the patient profile and or contacting the prescriber with concerns. He thinks that the technicians are building and endcap, and do not need the pharmacist present.

Start to value your employees. New programs are implemented by people who are not pharmacists, or don't work as pharmacists anymore.

There are newer employer reviews for Target