Target
3.2 of 5 7,550 reviews
www.target.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Great company, no work/life balance

Executive Intern (Former Employee)
Riverhead, NY

ProsGreat management experience, you have the opportunity to lead a team and be the acting manager of a 70 million dollar store. Constant feedback through out the internship allows you to grow as a leader. Fun socials with other interns and volunteer events made the internship fun.

Conswork/life balance. I worked 7am-3:45pm 5 days a week. I worked every other weekend, so I would get a day off during the week to compensate for that. The hours sucked. Every Wednesday I worked 3pm-midnight, and some Sundays I had to be at the store at 6am.

This job would be amazing if the hours werent so bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not work the ETLs so hard. STLs need to be more involved.

Human Resource Clerical

Human Resources Clerical (Current Employee)
    Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at Target part-time for more than a year

Pros: People, fast-pace, experience, connection with-in stores, and promotional opportunities. Cons: Some managers can be douche, hours are cut at times,… Advice to Senior Management: Follow best practice at all times. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A very good experience, actually like coming to work

Sale Floor - Hardlines (Current Employee)
    Woodland, CA

I have been working at Target part-time for less than a year

Pros: It is a very team-oriented work environment. Great managers and… Cons: At times, the store could be under-staffed, leading to it being very busy for the workers who are there. However, when that happens,… Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Target CEO John J. Mulligan. All reviews posted anonymously by Target employees.