There are newer employer reviews for Target

Great company, no work/life balance

Former Intern - Executive Intern in Riverhead, NY
Former Intern - Executive Intern in Riverhead, NY

I worked at Target as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great management experience, you have the opportunity to lead a team and be the acting manager of a 70 million dollar store. Constant feedback through out the internship allows you to grow as a leader. Fun socials with other interns and volunteer events made the internship fun.

Cons

work/life balance. I worked 7am-3:45pm 5 days a week. I worked every other weekend, so I would get a day off during the week to compensate for that. The hours sucked. Every Wednesday I worked 3pm-midnight, and some Sundays I had to be at the store at 6am.

This job would be amazing if the hours werent so bad.

Advice to Management

Do not work the ETLs so hard. STLs need to be more involved.

reviews filtered by

Success and happiness working here, is really up to you.

Former Employee - Cashier in South Gate, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in South Gate, CA

I worked at Target part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Employee appreciation.
    10% discount.
    Ability to try different positions.
    Promote self-expression. (Ability to dye hair pink, and have tattoos on your face.)

Cons

So many people=drama.
    Favoritism between managers and employees.
    Hideous uniform colors.

2. Have Fun While It Lasts

Former Employee - Cashier in Wauwatosa, WI
    Former Employee - Cashier in Wauwatosa, WI

I worked at Target part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere truly is fast, friendly, and fun, like their motto says. Uniforms make it easy to get dressed and ready, and you can have as much fun with your look as you like-----make sure to use common sense and avoid those open-toed shoes, though. Team leads are very compassionate, caring, and will involve you in everything that relates to you and your position. If you've been trained in other departments, you can work in them or fill in for someone who's called in sick, which is helpful.

Cons

Minimum wage is what you start out with, no exceptions. If you don't know how to budget your money or try your hardest to budget, no matter what, you'll find yourself being DIRT poor a week after you got paid (Target pays biweekly). Sometimes the scheduling is annoying; one night, you'll close, at 10:00pm or 11:00pm, depending on the day of the week, and then you'll have to turn around and open the store at 8:00am. Also, if you need help with something, you have to turn your lane light to "flash" and wait until a team lead is available to help, which wastes customers' valuable time.

Advice to Management

Increase the starting wage, please! I'm aware that employees have to *show* that they are worthy of a raise, no matter how much experience they may have, but no one can live on $7.75 an hour or less. Also, please consider a new way to reach a team lead in problematic situations.

There are newer employer reviews for Target