Great place to work, but difficult to maintain a good worklife balance

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader  in  Garden Grove, CA
Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Garden Grove, CA

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great opportunity for growth and developing leadership

Cons

Long hours and difficult to maintain a good worklife balance

Continue motivating the team members. Recognition does more than you think.

Other Reviews for Target

Great Opportunity with Growth

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Target full-time for more than a year

Pros

Target focuses on leadership development and always helps you become a stronger leader. As an Executive Team Leader you can make great money at a young age. There are so many ways you can grow and do more. Target is a great company who cares about the community and the team it employs. There are so many things that happen behind the scenes that would amaze you on how they take care of their team members. Great company to work for.

Cons

Be prepared to work hard. Days can be long and your holidays are pretty much non existant but the pay off can be great.

Team members are like family!

Current Employee - Electronics/Sales Floor/Cashier/Backroom/Bike Assembly Team Member  in  Lancaster, OH
    Current Employee - Electronics/Sales Floor/Cashier/Backroom/Bike Assembly Team Member in Lancaster, OH

I have been working at Target part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible scheduling, lots of differentiation in work if you seek it out. Team members at my store are fantastic, the managers are all very nice and reasonable to work with. Everyone has their favorite managers and what not, but I would say that everyone at my store is reasonable and I have no qualms with any of them. They do genuinely seem to care about you and will give you the benefit of the doubt if you have to call off for a shift (just don't make a habit of it).

Cons

Hours are not guaranteed and are very susceptible to cuts. During 4Q you can get almost as many hours as you can put your hands on but watch out for deep cuts after December. I have seen "over hiring" many times, where we simply have way too many people on the books for the amount of hours that the store has allotted. Pay raises for part time employees are not good.

Try to get more people cross trained in more areas of the store, at least for me, that's why I have stayed at Target for 5 years, my job is never the same two days in a row.

There are newer employer reviews for Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!