There are newer employer reviews for Target

Team members are like family!

Current Employee - Electronics/Sales Floor/Cashier/Backroom/Bike Assembly Team Member in Lancaster, OH

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, lots of differentiation in work if you seek it out. Team members at my store are fantastic, the managers are all very nice and reasonable to work with. Everyone has their favorite managers and what not, but I would say that everyone at my store is reasonable and I have no qualms with any of them. They do genuinely seem to care about you and will give you the benefit of the doubt if you have to call off for a shift (just don't make a habit of it).

Cons

Hours are not guaranteed and are very susceptible to cuts. During 4Q you can get almost as many hours as you can put your hands on but watch out for deep cuts after December. I have seen "over hiring" many times, where we simply have way too many people on the books for the amount of hours that the store has allotted. Pay raises for part time employees are not good.

Advice to Management

Try to get more people cross trained in more areas of the store, at least for me, that's why I have stayed at Target for 5 years, my job is never the same two days in a row.

reviews filtered by
  1. Hard work pays.

Current Employee - Price Accuracy Team Leader in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Price Accuracy Team Leader in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leaders notice hard work and let you know in front of all team members.
    Pay for leaders is better than all retail jobs.
    Plenty of involvement with superiors.
    The better you do, the more hours you get.

Cons

Irregular hours for team members. However, team leaders have structured hours.

Advice to Management

In my experience, management does a great job.

2. I like working at target.

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work is not very labor intensive, if you have the right position. Very flexible scheduling. Relatively high starting wage. I have had very good interactions with other employees. They seem to hire good hard working employees.

Cons

The training program could use improvement. It can feel like they just throw you into the work environment very unprepared but usually the other team member help you learn and train you.