Best Company Ever

Current Employee - Principal Recruiter in Bangalore (India)
Current Employee - Principal Recruiter in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work Life Balance Fast , fun and friendly culture Community Relations

Cons

Work from home option unless approved.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. There are a couple of problems, but this is as good as entry-level retail gets.

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- If you are like me and you are fine with working alone, or actually prefer it, then a sales floor team member position is nice. There will be a lot of time when you are stocking items, putting up or taking down sales signs, or "zoning" (straightening items on shelves) alone. If you're the type who prefers group work and enjoys interacting with people constantly, I suggest that you apply for a cashier position instead. - Many customers genuinely like the Target products and environment, and are often happy to be shopping there (instead of, say, being forced to go to Wal-Mart because of lower prices). - I am treated more like a person than a number, as I have been at other retail jobs. - The HR team leaders (managers) and other team leaders are all over the store. They actually do some of the same work that you do. They don't stand around or hide in cozy little offices behind closed doors.

Cons

- Some long-time team members have their own habits and are set in their ways. It can be difficult to learn from them. While training, I occasionally had to ask the same question multiple times, or had to ask a few different people. - While the friendly treatment of team members is good, it does lead to more slacking off than I've noticed at other jobs. Two, three, or even four people will attend to one aisle endcap that only needs a few small boxes of items. Multiple people will slowly straighten the same part of the same aisle at one time. It gives them an excuse to hang out with their favorite co-workers while looking like they are working. I finish tasks more quickly by myself than others do in pairs or groups. - I started at minimum wage despite having more than two years of previous retail experience. They don't negotiate.

Advice to Management

Great store, but your employees deserve higher pay based on their previous experience and qualifications.

2. Great for school/college kids

I have been working at Target

Pros

Very flexible in scheduling. Also have many opportunities to cross-train into other departments in the store. 10 percent employee discount is also great with the 5 percent debit/credit card.

Cons

Pay is on the lower end when it comes to big box retail stores