I definitely learned a lot about life in general.

Current Employee - Softlines Team Member  in  Oviedo, FL
Current Employee - Softlines Team Member in Oviedo, FL

I have been working at Target part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-flexible with scheduling
-possible life-long friendships
-room for growth
-fast-paced environment

Cons

-low salary
-very political
-heavy workloads
-long hours

Other Reviews for Target

Don't plan on getting rich

Former Employee - Overnight Stocker  in  Norman, OK
    Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in Norman, OK

I worked at Target full-time for less than a year

Pros

The staff was friendly for the most part

Cons

They were more worried about getting things on the shelf and did not care if it was unrealistic to get something done, they would keep you late, then send you home later instead of giving overtime, they did not believe in rewarding you with a raise, instead they piled on more work and asked more of you. I quit with little notice, simply said I am looking for new work when I stop coming I found a better job because they cut our hours and were constantly getting mad at us for not getting things done fast enough even though they were cutting the amout of workers while we had the same work load.

Raises are nice as well as overtime, goal time is looked at as a joke to the employees, be more a friendly team player and you get more done, the managers that constantly rode us and gave goal times never got as much done as the managers who worked with us and were more friendly.

ik was ok, managers get payed way more than the actual workers there, that actually work hard.

Former Employee - Cashier-food Service- Sales Floor Representative  in  Manassas, VA
    Former Employee - Cashier-food Service- Sales Floor Representative in Manassas, VA

I worked at Target part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

works with your schedule
     coworkers are very nice
    discount card for employees and red card for extra savings

Cons

managers are A- Holes
    pay isnt too good, 9.05 for me and i worked for 3 years, i barely get a raise,
    getting paid every two weeks sucks !!!!!!!

try to actually help employees out, managers treat employees alot different, for instance they get longer breaks and get huge benefits, also try to pay more attention to the store and to your daily duties. Actually try to do your job and not just got there to make friends with other management.

There are newer employer reviews for Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!