Target

www.target.com

A good company to work with provided you work in a store with good people

Electronics Team Member (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThe company structured its stores based on providing the maximum amount of resources to help provide great guest service. There are several different workcenters that you can cross-train once you complete your 90 days which leads to more hours and promotion opportunities.

ConsSince there are many teams that have different priorities you do not have to worry about working too many projects on your own simultaneously. The disadvantage to this is that could also hurt you in terms of how many hours you may get during a week. For example, your workcenter may give you 40 hours a week but come to a certain period of the year your hours may be reduced down to 15.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you have a prodigy or a team member with great potential don't start favoritism. That leads to back-office politics which splits the team apart and hinders the overall morale. Too many times I have seen great team members (team members, team leaders, executive team leaders and even store team leaders) leave the company because the politics got too ugly and ruined the fun atmosphere many used to enjoy.

too much busy work that was not related to patient care

Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Target part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: great high end clientele ... less chance of getting robbed… Cons: lots of leadership statues, 5 minute challenges. have to… Advice to Senior Management: lay off the busy work No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Target gone bad

(Former Employee) Orlando, FL

I worked at Target part-time for more than a year

Pros: Pay: Target generally pays about 75cent to a dollar more on hourly pay than it's competitors. Flexible… Cons: Limit hours: Target has taken the odd initiative to hire more employees but give them less hours and days. To paint a picture for you.… Advice to Senior Management: To all you companies that have taken on this practice, good luck with finding quality and loyal… More
There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!