There are newer employer reviews for Target

A good company to work with provided you work in a store with good people

Current Employee - Electronics Team Member in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Electronics Team Member in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company structured its stores based on providing the maximum amount of resources to help provide great guest service. There are several different workcenters that you can cross-train once you complete your 90 days which leads to more hours and promotion opportunities.

Cons

Since there are many teams that have different priorities you do not have to worry about working too many projects on your own simultaneously. The disadvantage to this is that could also hurt you in terms of how many hours you may get during a week. For example, your workcenter may give you 40 hours a week but come to a certain period of the year your hours may be reduced down to 15.

Advice to Management

When you have a prodigy or a team member with great potential don't start favoritism. That leads to back-office politics which splits the team apart and hinders the overall morale. Too many times I have seen great team members (team members, team leaders, executive team leaders and even store team leaders) leave the company because the politics got too ugly and ruined the fun atmosphere many used to enjoy.

Other Employee Reviews for Target

1. Great place to work, but no room for advance.

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Lodi, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Lodi, CA

I have been working at Target part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people and management are very well put together. The upbeat feeling while at work keeps a positive outlook for the day.

Cons

The room for promotion is barely existent. At least at my Target, I was told you must have a Bachelor's Degree in order to move into a Team Lead position, which is one position higher than my own. That's asking too much for little pay.

Advice to Management

Let's work with the people who actually try in the store and want to make a difference.

2. I definitely learned a lot about life in general.

Current Employee - Softlines Team Member in Oviedo, FL
    Current Employee - Softlines Team Member in Oviedo, FL

I have been working at Target part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-flexible with scheduling -possible life-long friendships -room for growth -fast-paced environment

Cons

-low salary -very political -heavy workloads -long hours