There are newer employer reviews for Target

Job Training and on the floor

Current Employee - Pricing Accuracy Team Member in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Pricing Accuracy Team Member in Austin, TX

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was given an opportunity to learn on my job as a Pricing Accuracy Team Member. The employees and the management were very nice and patient with me. It is a challenge job and you can do it if you are motivated to learn and do a fast paced work. Since my job is part time,the hours are flexible and I have the opportunity to have some weekdays off.

Cons

At first the training was online computer and it can be confusing and there is so much to learn in 1 day. A visual aid or demonstration would be helpful to understand better. The only problem is the training on the floor is provided for only 20 hours. There is so much to learn and remember lots of details with pricing that it does takes time to learn the procedures. It would be best to take all the notes you can. You have to finish the assigned work by the end of the day even though if you are working alone without any help. This is a very fast paced job - scanning and ticketing.

Advice to Management

I suggest that the Executive Team Leader listen to their employees and believe what they say before investigate a matter. Exec Team Leader told me during my evaluation that I was late on Sept 14th. The Leader has never verified my work schedule and compared with my punched clock time. I nevery knew that until 2 months later. I was never, never late. I arrive to work 35 min early everytime.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Poor Training

Current Employee - Electronics Team Member in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Electronics Team Member in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

9. 50 in CA for retail is decent. I had a good experience with some co-workers.

Cons

Lack of proper training. We had one day to learn everything about electronic merchandise in the store.

Advice to Management

Better training

2. Charter call center is like the al qaeda of all call centers...

Former Employee - Broadband Technical Advisor I
    Former Employee - Broadband Technical Advisor I

I worked at Target full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Training Commission + Base Pay Good Health Care Activities during different seasons. HBO Go/ Max Go Free Coffee :) VTO :D

Cons

Very large queues (People calling in 400+ everyday) Shift Bid PTO system Sale! Sale! Sale! on every call. Too many angry customers...

Advice to Management

Listen to advisor ideas, I have heard a lot of ideas that could really help out. Keep up the training, I'm really excelling in the current call center I work at because of the training.