Target

www.target.com
  www.target.com
There are newer employer reviews for Target

Job Training and on the floor

Current Employee - Pricing Accuracy Team Member in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Pricing Accuracy Team Member in Austin, TX

I have been working at Target part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was given an opportunity to learn on my job as a Pricing Accuracy Team Member. The employees and the management were very nice and patient with me. It is a challenge job and you can do it if you are motivated to learn and do a fast paced work. Since my job is part time,the hours are flexible and I have the opportunity to have some weekdays off.

Cons

At first the training was online computer and it can be confusing and there is so much to learn in 1 day. A visual aid or demonstration would be helpful to understand better. The only problem is the training on the floor is provided for only 20 hours. There is so much to learn and remember lots of details with pricing that it does takes time to learn the procedures. It would be best to take all the notes you can. You have to finish the assigned work by the end of the day even though if you are working alone without any help. This is a very fast paced job - scanning and ticketing.

I suggest that the Executive Team Leader listen to their employees and believe what they say before investigate a matter. Exec Team Leader told me during my evaluation that I was late on Sept 14th. The Leader has never verified my work schedule and compared with my punched clock time. I nevery knew that until 2 months later. I was never, never late. I arrive to work 35 min early everytime.

9000 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Good co-workers.

Current Employee - Flow Team Member in Danville, VA
    Current Employee - Flow Team Member in Danville, VA

I have been working at Target (less than an year)

Pros

Good people, fun and friendly atmosphere. Flexible hours of work, extra shifts are always available. Very satisfied. Hired as seasonal help. Hope to keep the job permanently.

Cons

No health insurance. Everything else is OK.

Well structured retailer with good company culture

Former Employee - Instocks in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Instocks in San Diego, CA

I worked at Target part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Clearly defined tasks, good management structure

Cons

None, except for the variety of customers you get to interact with, some are not as pleasant as others

There are newer employer reviews for Target