Target

www.target.com

Fair to midland

Current Employee - Executive Team Lead  in  Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Executive Team Lead in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Great benefits, excellent work culture

Cons

difficult to attend every meeting your invited to as there is so much interfacing

Cross functional teams can be scaled back to the most necessary individuals

Other reviews for Target

Sales Floor?

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member  in  Williamsburg, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Williamsburg, VA

Pros

The company tries to work with your schedule, great if you are a college student. The employee discount is 10% off of every transaction.

Cons

OK, so I got hired on as "Salesfloor" and "Backroom", at a whopping $8.00 hour. I had been working there for a few months before a fellow "Backroom" team member told me how hard they screwed me on pay, backroom team members start out at $8.50 an hour. I went to HR and asked them about it and they basically said "Sorry there is nothing we can do about it."

Even though it was 50 cents more an hour, I felt because I was new I should just accept the pay. Come to find out Target increases your pay once a year, and after being there for three years of doing salesfloor/backroom my pay increased to $8.44 / hour even after busting my ass doing my duties and other people's duties as well.

Since our store was a low volume store , there were very few employees which caused team members to have to be trained throughout the store. This being said I became trained everywhere in the store except Pizza Hut/Starbucks and Pharmacy-- you name it, I worked it. Being that we did not have many employees, salesfloor team members were frequently required to cashier/ get carts, while forgetting about our roles on the salesfloor-- straightening aisles, putting up reshop, etc. It got to the point where we would not have time to complete all of our duties before the end of the night and then come in the next day and get bitched at for not getting our jobs done.

For me personally, since I was trained everywhere, I would be pulled in so many directions that I literally had to do the job of three or four people in my given shift. I started working in the fresh produce area, which mostly deals with the backroom and keeping it organized and "zoning" the sales floor (straightening aisles). I would frequently not get the 'zone' done, and would ask managers if I could get some help and would again be told "Sorry there is nothing we can do about it" and be bitched at when the zone wasn't immaculate.

On top of management being completely unaware of what was happening in the store, managers were lazy and incompetent. The managers would sit in the office and check Facebook or who knows what else while sales floor team members were cashiering and were unable to answer the calls in their area and requesting that someone get the callbox that was right outside the office. Managers, instead of getting off their butts and getting the callbox, would get on the walkie and say "WHO's GETTING THAT! WE NEED TO HELP THE GUESTS!"

As a final thought, the 'good employees' would get screwed, while the lazy employees would get high fived and congratulated and who could not do anything wrong. This company works the "good" employees to death whilst not even recognizing their efforts or even saying thank you.

This company sucks! Do not even think about applying here! You will regret it.

Get your thumb out your ass and stop being hypocrites. Learn how to manage your store.

Expects more, but delivers less

Pros

Most employees are great to work with. Nice 401k.

Cons

They constantly expect more and more from their employees, yet they never return the favor. Their raises are awful, just to get fifty cents, you have to be exemplary. Many of the bosses do not even do any work, they just sit in their offices and bark out orders. And they fire great employees for stupid reasons, yet they keep the horrible ones that kiss their ass. Do not work for this company.

Split the work evenly between people and fire those that do not do anything. And this company makes billions of dollars a year, give hard working employees a paid day off or something to say "thanks".

There are newer employer reviews for Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!