Target

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Great environment and direction

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in South Elgin, IL
Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in South Elgin, IL

I have been working at Target part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You feel included in the mission and employees are always thought of

Cons

Being part time, you do not get very much say in your schedule

9610 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

You can't live off of this job

Former Employee - Flow Team Member in Merrillville, IN
    Former Employee - Flow Team Member in Merrillville, IN

I worked at Target part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Most of the team members are nice. The restrooms are clean...

Cons

I HATE working here, the pay is horrible. This is the first time in my life when I get a pay check and get depressed afterwards. The person that hired me here said I'd be full time, but when I came to work and asked about my hours the team member I asked laughed and said this is a part time store everyone is part time except the team leaders and beyond. (WHICH MEANS THERE ARE NO BENEFITS FOR YOU)

There is favoritism, one women said something racist to a young man, a team mate told on her and the team lead didn't do anything about it. Also if a favorite is on the team and the work doesn't get done it's everyone else fault.

There is Ageism, A lot of people were hired for seasonal and two of the best workers were a older man and women they had full white hair and looked their age. They both were let go even thought they could do the work of two people easily and the younger people that did a "okay" job, was kept.

NO POINT IN WORKING HARD, if your a good working they will unload all of the extra work on you. Like if you and your team can complete your stocking job in a timely matter they have you do other area's and make YOU stay behind to finish other peoples jobs. NO REWARDS!!! they had a completion to see who could find the most expired food the person who won got a CANDY BAR...

THE PAYROLL!!! you have to make a certain goal time. So if it takes you too long to finish something they will penalize you for it, there is no overtime and if you go over it too much they will fire you because target is a cheap company and can't afford to invest in their workers. They prefer it be done FAST instead of efficient and correct.

NO ADVANCEMENT, when a position is offered to be a team leader of a area of the store no one wants to do it because it's all of the responsibly, with no pay increase or more days. It's a deadend job no one should work unless there planning to stay a year or less than that.

They also keep people that never show up for work even though everyone is working only 2 days...

THEY DEMAND SO MUCH FROM YOU WITH VERY LITTLE IN RETURN....

......... like they would listen

Great People, Great Experience

Current Employee - Protection Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Protection Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people we work with are awesome! Very flexible schedule. Can be very laid back and enjoyable. Able to interact with a large variety of people.

Cons

Selection of leadership needs to be reviewed. Shift hours can be rough. Quarter 4 is very hectic and busy. Not always having the equipment to do our jobs.

Take a moment and think about what your are going to say before coaching TMs.

There are newer employer reviews for Target