Target

www.target.com
There are newer employer reviews for Target

It was a fine opportunity.

Former Employee - Creative Manager in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Creative Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Target full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Target had a really well-defined brand and a Senior Leadership that was excited to always be moving the needle. There were many opportunities for career advancement for those that were bright and ambitious. I can really say that I learned a lot about business, smart creative and negotiating a complex socio-political dynamic.

Cons

Many of the truly great senior leaders are now gone and the brand seems to be going through something of identity crisis. As it's size increases, so does the bastian of bureaucracy. Ineffectual box-checkers are sometimes allowed to languish.

Remember that the brand is was really made that company great. Also, remember that the brand is more than just a logo, editorial voice or color treatment. It is not a commodity that you can choose to do or not do on any given day, week, month or year. It is the ethos by which you do everything that you do. It's he way you focus on guest insights, financials, political involvement, store design, customer service, etc..

9636 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Great people terrible pay

Current Employee - Guest Service Attendant in Sherman, TX
    Current Employee - Guest Service Attendant in Sherman, TX

I have been working at Target full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Target is an awesome company to work for. If you ever need time off there are many people willing to take a shift for you. The company and the guests are the reasons to work for this company, PLUS they promote from within.

Cons

The pay is barely over minimum wage even for GSA's and other lower end management positions like Team Leads.

Pay your employees better and you will keep them. I have worked with some of the best team members in my life at Target and it always makes me sad to watch each and every one leave because they can get so much more at any other job they apply for.

Great for hard workers and achievers.

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Fresno, CA

I worked at Target full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Although the starting salary isn't great for a recent grad (45,000 is generally the offer straight out of college in my area), intelligence, ambition and hard work are rewarded with very fast career and financial advancement.

Cons

Rather ruthless treatment of employees. Those who don't perform are pushed out quickly, and if they work for you you'd better be ready to do the pushing.

There are newer employer reviews for Target