Target

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Overnight back room

Former Employee - Target Back Room Team Member in Manalapan, NJ
Former Employee - Target Back Room Team Member in Manalapan, NJ

I worked at Target part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working overnight was good in that your supervisors and coworkers were approachable. The work environment was such that there's work to be done but your superiors aren't constantly looking over the shoulder. Not having to deal with customers for the vast majority of your shift is also a plus.

Cons

The overnight hours are rough, the work can be strenuous, and, in general, Target's zealous anti-union attitude can be a bit offputting to some people. As it's a big team and you spend most of the time attending to your own duties, standing out can be difficult and as such you risk falling through the cracks as far as promotions are concerned.

10040 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

To have employees care, you must care

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member

I have been working at Target part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good discount, accrue vacation quickly, will work with school schedules, can do direct deposit, not much more to say on this

Cons

No inter-communication among managers, no realistic goals set for work to time allotted ratio. It seems like work is piled on strategic people, and then most others just walk around and talk, if you are not a pet, then you are overlooked, if you have any seniority they look for ways to get rid of you. once you cap, there is no cost of living wage increase. Everytime minimum wage goes up, they do not offset the difference for loyal employees. You do not get your breaks because they run skeleton crews. The health insurance is just awful. It is not realistic to expect your employees to be highly motivated when you do not know their names, you continuously cut the hours and they are struggling to make ends meet. Your year end bonus does not feed my children.

If you want me to value my job, then YOU need to value my job. If you do not want me to count down the minutes til I leave, then you need to QUIT counting down the minutes and yell at me as soon as the clock hits that time. You should look at your employees as your number one resource for "guests". If I am not willing to spend my money there because of poor treatment, then things need to change

You can't live off of this job

Former Employee - Flow Team Member in Merrillville, IN
    Former Employee - Flow Team Member in Merrillville, IN

I worked at Target part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Most of the team members are nice. The restrooms are clean...

Cons

I HATE working here, the pay is horrible. This is the first time in my life when I get a pay check and get depressed afterwards. The person that hired me here said I'd be full time, but when I came to work and asked about my hours the team member I asked laughed and said this is a part time store everyone is part time except the team leaders and beyond. (WHICH MEANS THERE ARE NO BENEFITS FOR YOU)

There is favoritism, one women said something racist to a young man, a team mate told on her and the team lead didn't do anything about it. Also if a favorite is on the team and the work doesn't get done it's everyone else fault.

There is Ageism, A lot of people were hired for seasonal and two of the best workers were a older man and women they had full white hair and looked their age. They both were let go even thought they could do the work of two people easily and the younger people that did a "okay" job, was kept.

NO POINT IN WORKING HARD, if your a good working they will unload all of the extra work on you. Like if you and your team can complete your stocking job in a timely matter they have you do other area's and make YOU stay behind to finish other peoples jobs. NO REWARDS!!! they had a completion to see who could find the most expired food the person who won got a CANDY BAR...

THE PAYROLL!!! you have to make a certain goal time. So if it takes you too long to finish something they will penalize you for it, there is no overtime and if you go over it too much they will fire you because target is a cheap company and can't afford to invest in their workers. They prefer it be done FAST instead of efficient and correct.

NO ADVANCEMENT, when a position is offered to be a team leader of a area of the store no one wants to do it because it's all of the responsibly, with no pay increase or more days. It's a deadend job no one should work unless there planning to stay a year or less than that.

They also keep people that never show up for work even though everyone is working only 2 days...

THEY DEMAND SO MUCH FROM YOU WITH VERY LITTLE IN RETURN....

......... like they would listen

There are newer employer reviews for Target