Target

www.target.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Target

Great for hard workers and achievers.

Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Fresno, CA
Former Employee - Executive Team Leader in Fresno, CA

I worked at Target full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Although the starting salary isn't great for a recent grad (45,000 is generally the offer straight out of college in my area), intelligence, ambition and hard work are rewarded with very fast career and financial advancement.

Cons

Rather ruthless treatment of employees. Those who don't perform are pushed out quickly, and if they work for you you'd better be ready to do the pushing.

10141 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Senior Team Leader

Current Employee - Senior Team LEader in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Team LEader in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This is a great company to work for if you enjoy the retail market. Like many retailers it can include long hours based off of the season, but they treat their employees well. Have great communication throughout the senior leadership.

Cons

Can sometimes be difficult to complete some required tasks based off of the payroll hours allotted to the store.

Great experience working for Target with lots of opportunities for growth and education.

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Melrose Park, IL
    Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Melrose Park, IL

I have been working at Target part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You are able to easily speak with your managers and they will respond and address the issue without fear of retaliation. Friendly environment. Easily able to be cross trained and promoted if you work hard.

Cons

They usually have problems and delays rolling out new ideas from upper management. We don't have user friendly software, so training new employees is difficult when most of our duties requires the use of the computer. There are not enough available work hours for full time employment.

There are newer employer reviews for Target