Target
3.2 of 5 7,545 reviews
www.target.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Great place for experience

Guest Service Team Member (Former Employee)
Titusville, FL

ProsGreat place for a first job, nice discount if you have your team member discount which is 10% and you have the Target Debit it's 5% so you'll get 15% off. It obviously depends on what store you work at but all my managers ( GSTL's, LOD's and my STL) were amazing and had our back when a guest would give us attitude. But like I said it all depends on what store you work at.

ConsRed card Red cards Red card. This is the only thing about this place I can't stand is constantly pushing the Target credit with every team member especially the cashiers. They actually have a log of how many each team member has persuaded a guest to open. If you don't have a certain number they will coach you on the proper spiel to persuade a guest to get the card. You can't force someone to open a credit card. Another con with Target is the secrecy between management and basic team members. I would over hear a lot of meetings we were not suppoed to know about and things going on in the company and not telling us. I understand they can't tell us everything but some stuff we should know.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand it's not team members fault if they don't make a guest open a red card. Stop keeping team members in the dark. Listen to team members we might actually have a good idea.

Good Company, Fun Place to work...

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Target full-time for more than a year

Pros: This is a fun company as the people have fun in their work. … Cons: Not too many to mention here. Sometimes promotions can be political, but that's the case anywhere. I would like… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work; don't lose sight of the quiet little guy/gal who does good work… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good temporary job.

Cashier (Former Employee)
    Sandy, UT

I worked at Target part-time for less than a year

Pros: Interviewed & hired quickly Executive Team Leads were professional and fair Company… Cons: Hired me, but then informed me that they didn't have any hours available for another 3 weeks. Training & supervision… Advice to Senior Management: Follow up with new employees more, be clear on what is expected. Spend… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Target CEO John J. Mulligan. All reviews posted anonymously by Target employees.