Target

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Great place for experience

Former Employee - Guest Service Team Member in Titusville, FL
Former Employee - Guest Service Team Member in Titusville, FL

I worked at Target part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great place for a first job, nice discount if you have your team member discount which is 10% and you have the Target Debit it's 5% so you'll get 15% off. It obviously depends on what store you work at but all my managers ( GSTL's, LOD's and my STL) were amazing and had our back when a guest would give us attitude. But like I said it all depends on what store you work at.

Cons

Red card Red cards Red card. This is the only thing about this place I can't stand is constantly pushing the Target credit with every team member especially the cashiers. They actually have a log of how many each team member has persuaded a guest to open. If you don't have a certain number they will coach you on the proper spiel to persuade a guest to get the card. You can't force someone to open a credit card. Another con with Target is the secrecy between management and basic team members. I would over hear a lot of meetings we were not suppoed to know about and things going on in the company and not telling us. I understand they can't tell us everything but some stuff we should know.

Understand it's not team members fault if they don't make a guest open a red card. Stop keeping team members in the dark. Listen to team members we might actually have a good idea.

10082 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Working for target

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Smyrna, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Smyrna, TN

I have been working at Target (more than a year)

Pros

Great benefits through the company and they are very flexible with your work schedule.

Cons

Managers expect too much of you at times.

Micromanaging... need i say more. Well my ETLS do anyways. Also, at times, I see managers disrespect other team members. That is not a good example to set for your peers.

Decent company

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Davis, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Member in Davis, CA

I worked at Target part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly team members.
    Longer breaks and lunches than California's minimum requirement.
    Target's customer base is better than say another big discount retailer.

Cons

Hard to become acquainted with team members if you were hired as a seasonal worker.
    Starts sales associates at minimum wage.

Varies for every location