There are newer employer reviews for Target

Target taught me how to lead instead of manage

Former Employee - ETL-Logistics in Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - ETL-Logistics in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Target full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

good training
good mentorship
you learn how to lead
hardwork pays off
good pay

Cons

its retail
"the jet is out" mentality so always worried about the big "visit"
hero today....bad visit....zero tomorrow
saw many 20 year managers that struggled in their last assignemnt and they were encouraged to leave or fired

not always consistent in the message
what you need to accomplish to get to the next step in your career was a moving target

8708 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Great place for experience

Former Employee - Guest Service Team Member in Titusville, FL
    Former Employee - Guest Service Team Member in Titusville, FL

I worked at Target part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great place for a first job, nice discount if you have your team member discount which is 10% and you have the Target Debit it's 5% so you'll get 15% off. It obviously depends on what store you work at but all my managers ( GSTL's, LOD's and my STL) were amazing and had our back when a guest would give us attitude. But like I said it all depends on what store you work at.

Cons

Red card Red cards Red card. This is the only thing about this place I can't stand is constantly pushing the Target credit with every team member especially the cashiers. They actually have a log of how many each team member has persuaded a guest to open. If you don't have a certain number they will coach you on the proper spiel to persuade a guest to get the card. You can't force someone to open a credit card. Another con with Target is the secrecy between management and basic team members. I would over hear a lot of meetings we were not suppoed to know about and things going on in the company and not telling us. I understand they can't tell us everything but some stuff we should know.

Understand it's not team members fault if they don't make a guest open a red card. Stop keeping team members in the dark. Listen to team members we might actually have a good idea.

Good Company, Fun Place to work...

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Target full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a fun company as the people have fun in their work. Environment is laid back, yet professional. Pay is good and the city is great.

Cons

Not too many to mention here. Sometimes promotions can be political, but that's the case anywhere. I would like a 32 hour work week, but that's not an issue with the company, per se, but with our culture and industry.

Keep up the good work; don't lose sight of the quiet little guy/gal who does good work but isn't as gregarious or socially political as some of the fast risers. They're great assets!

There are newer employer reviews for Target