Great place to work

Former Employee - Flow Team Member in Grand Rapids, MI
Former Employee - Flow Team Member in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Target part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay for position, always willing to give extra hours, but not forced, always asking for feedback on your total job experience, very free with praise for a job well-done.

Cons

The 4 months I was there were really good. I really don't have any cons to share. They are a good employer.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Stressful

Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Floor Team Leader in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Target full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was good. Met some great people.

Cons

As a supervisor, I was given an unrealistic amount of tasks to complete each day, in an environment that lacked the amount of team members and time needed to complete the tasks. There were entirely too many egos and hands in the cookie jar -- so to speak -- causing you to feel like a puppet on a string trying to please everyone at all times. There was no regulating when various Executives Team Leaders would pull you from an assignment to help them complete their tasks, which took away from priority project that you might have been working on. Most days, I would go in with tasks to complete in my departments, only to be given an additional list of tasks from Executive Team Leaders. And no matter what your workload included before they arrived, you were now expected to complete it -- period, or risk being written up. It was a culture of, everything needed to be completed by the end of your shift, no matter how many tasks, no matter the lack of team members to assist with the project, no matter what. Everything and every task was urgent and priority until someone else said that it was not. The worse experience I've had, to date, with any company that I've worked for.

Advice to Management

If you give a team leader and assignment to complete, once they've delegated the tasks to their fellow team members, try not to pull those team members from that task before the assignment is complete. And if pulling team members away is absolutely necessary, which sometimes it is, please take that into account when the project fails to be completed within the initial time frame requested.

2. Target is a stable place to work.

I have been working at Target full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Stable hours based on 36/40 hour work week Annual raises Benefit options

Cons

Lots ot overhead turnover Inconsistencies between shifts