Target
3.2 of 5 6,712 reviews
www.target.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

I wouldn't work here unless you absolutely have to

Sales Floor Team Leader (Former Employee)
Deerfield Beach, FL

I worked at Target part-time for more than a year

ProsFlexible schedule with various hours to work.

ConsI outperformed other team members for 3 consecutive months and was acknowledged by team leader, never a store manager. However, instead of receiving bonuses or higher pay for working hard, I was simply rewarded with a bag of candy for everything I had done. This included coming in on days off to take shifts that had been called out of, working in other departments during busy hours, and help pulling the weight of other workers who did not fulfill what was required of them. Also, the lack of training by management to team leads and team leads to part-time work can be seen. Especially, during holidays when new employees are brought in to deal with the busy season. They were simply pawned on to other part-time workers who may or who may not know what they are doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon’t be so quick to point out all of the negatives without having something positive to say as well. Acknowledge your employees when they do something well or more efficiently because without them the store wouldn’t exist. Help properly train team leads and part-time employees more effectively.

Interviewers gave inaccurate preview of actual job

Executive Team Lead (Former Employee)
Sioux City, IA

I worked at Target full-time for less than a year

Pros: Well-known brand name with good leadership experience. Co-workers are great, they… Cons: They are Walmart colored in red. The corporate human resources and store & district leadership said the job would be 45-50 hours a week.… Advice to Senior Management: Leadership within the field and at HQ don't seem to really know what assistant managers are being told to do for their responsibilities within stores.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

You either love the culture or you don't

Senior Merch Specialist .com (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Young company Downtown Minneapolis location is excellent for food, entertainment, gyms,… Cons: Your development and ability to succeed almost solely lies in your manager. I've experienced this distinctly in both roles I've had. If your manager doesn't… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Target CEO Gregg W. Steinhafel. All reviews posted anonymously by Target employees.