There are newer employer reviews for Target

It's a good stepping stone, no where to grow within company

Former Employee - Price Accuracy  in  Odessa, FL
Former Employee - Price Accuracy in Odessa, FL

I worked at Target full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people I worked with were great! They were also very flexable with hours if you are going to school or have another job. You also have room to be cross trained in different areas. If you are looking for this to be your first time job it is a good place to work.

Cons

I did not like most of my LODs (Leader On Duty). They were very selfish and did not care about the employees at all. The pay is the worst part about it. If you are looking for a well paying job do not apply for Target. For a company so well known and well shopped, they are very cheap!

Start caring a little more about your employees! A lot of employees deserve to be regonized for their hard work, and they also deserve bigger raises other than .10 cents.

8231 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Getting worse not better

Former Employee - Team Leader  in  Algonquin, IL
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Algonquin, IL

I worked at Target full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Consistent focus on the "Brand"

Cons

No opportunity to use your mind. Routinely and blindly follow constant changes and plans for Corporate.

Focus on setting the example before criticizing others. Hold your self to a higher standard.

I did enjoy working at Target

I worked at Target full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are a lot of different teams you can be on . This is good so you can change your job within the store quite easily. That way you learn more and could be a team lead. So if you start out entry level you can easily move up. They like to promote from within.

Cons

When you start at Target they start you at minimum wage even if you have many years of experience. You can not be an executive team lead unless you have gone to college. If the store is not making money they cut the employees hours.

Treat people with respect.

There are newer employer reviews for Target

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!