Target
3.2 of 5 6,749 reviews
www.target.com Minneapolis, MN 5000+ Employees

Good job to get your career started and gain valuable experience

Executive Team Leader (Current Employee)

I have been working at Target full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCompany is really focused on developing yourself from financial well being, to doing more within the company. They are constantly rolling out new initiatives to do more for the team. The company is one of the few that is not laying people off and is actually still profitable durring the recession. You can get promoted quickly if you are eager, self- motivated and constantly getting feedback

ConsNot a very consistent schedule, some days you are working to close others 4-7 am, as an ETL on your feet constantly for 10 hours shifts so very rough on the body, the company is always trying to maximize their profit which usually means cutting payroll and the work falling on salary, can be very stressful, always multiple new "focuses"

Advice to Senior ManagementAvoid putting so much on employees to help with turnover, I think the biggest part of this is with payroll. The company is currently expanding to Canada and trying to cut expenses, but it is greatly affecting stores and the stress level when payroll is bare minimum and workload is very large currently.

Amazing environment

Cashier (Former Employee)
Ellicott City, MD

I worked at Target part-time for more than a year

Pros: Monthly drawings, friendly management, clean sotre Cons: Tedious tasks, fellow employees not all motivated Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great opportunity to manage numerous teams right out of college

Executive Team Leader (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Target full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good training. Good management opportunities. Cons: It's retail aka not glamorous and you may find yourself working cash… More

There are newer reviews on Target.

Worked for Target? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Target reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Target CEO Gregg W. Steinhafel. All reviews posted anonymously by Target employees.