Target

www.target.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Target

Good job to get your career started and gain valuable experience

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader
Current Employee - Executive Team Leader

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company is really focused on developing yourself from financial well being, to doing more within the company. They are constantly rolling out new initiatives to do more for the team. The company is one of the few that is not laying people off and is actually still profitable durring the recession. You can get promoted quickly if you are eager, self- motivated and constantly getting feedback

Cons

Not a very consistent schedule, some days you are working to close others 4-7 am, as an ETL on your feet constantly for 10 hours shifts so very rough on the body, the company is always trying to maximize their profit which usually means cutting payroll and the work falling on salary, can be very stressful, always multiple new "focuses"

Avoid putting so much on employees to help with turnover, I think the biggest part of this is with payroll. The company is currently expanding to Canada and trying to cut expenses, but it is greatly affecting stores and the stress level when payroll is bare minimum and workload is very large currently.

10120 Other Employee Reviews for Target (View Most Recent)

Very Good Experience

Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Liverpool, NY
    Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Liverpool, NY

I have been working at Target full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

10% team member discount on everything in the store helped me save on grocery bills. Easy job (stocking shelves). Worked when the store was closed so no dealing with customers!

Cons

Wore red & khaki, everyday. Obsessed with 'brand'. Often put up against unrealistic deadlines. Worked as a 'team', so a few could slack off, causing the others to have to work faster, harder.

Target is a very fun and friendly work place.

Current Employee - Electronics' Trainer in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Electronics' Trainer in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Target part-time (more than a year)

Pros

They accommodated all my needs when I wanted to go back to school.

Cons

Sales floor can be difficult.

There are newer employer reviews for Target